News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.6K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.7K     0 

Urban Development and Proposals Discussion

I was thinking the same thing..
Vancouver's Benefic Foundation owned it, it moves around. Benefic has a weird history and is connected to a law firm of the same name which has had charity clients investigated by CRA at an above average rate.

It has been since creation installed in Venice, Vancouver, Calgary, Rome, Mallorca, and now back to Calgary. It sounds like New York City and Stanford both rejected the piece after initially showing interest - Stanford even bought it outright then sold it!

Wow, I didn’t know this piece had such a huge carbon footprint. Hope it stays in one spot.

Vancouver's Benefic Foundation owned it, it moves around. Benefic has a weird history and is connected to a law firm of the same name which has had charity clients investigated by CRA at an above average rate.

It has been since creation installed in Venice, Vancouver, Calgary, Rome, Mallorca, and now back to Calgary. It sounds like New York City and Stanford both rejected the piece after initially showing interest - Stanford even bought it outright then sold it!

So it looks like Zeidler has applied for a new tower in the Beltline, in the NE corner of 8th Street and 13th Avenue:

This site was purchased by GWL a couple of years ago, and I thought I saw something somewhere that indicated 25 stories or so. Only thing I could find tonight is from their Q4 2018 bulletin, which states they also bought the office building directly south of this site, in anticipation of a 2nd phase:

No renderings. I noticed that some of the new DP advertising signs around town now have images of the development up, so maybe one will appear on this site.

Something from the world of cool and funky. a proposal for a new HQ office for Attabotics. Designed by MoDA, which is also up for an award, which can be voted on Here

It won't be out in that remote location though....looks like it'll be out near the airport.

1-9b5f2b30-d76c-4b22-b6e4-97638e245382.jpg

1-17176739-d04f-43d0-be15-6582009eab31.jpg
1-291b84ad-415c-475d-ab40-41c1afc94b4c.jpg
1-c1b8b681-d1f1-4d08-b969-408840ca008a.jpg

So it looks like Zeidler has applied for a new tower in the Beltline, in the NE corner of 8th Street and 13th Avenue:

This site was purchased by GWL a couple of years ago, and I thought I saw something somewhere that indicated 25 stories or so. Only thing I could find tonight is from their Q4 2018 bulletin, which states they also bought the office building directly south of this site, in anticipation of a 2nd phase:

No renderings. I noticed that some of the new DP advertising signs around town now have images of the development up, so maybe one will appear on this site.

That's awesome! This will really help push 8th street into a high street after all the development that's been going on along that stretch. Was really impressed by how 8th street is looking and the amount of pedestrians walking along when viewing it from the new Canadian Tire. Gives you some of the big-city feels.

Would really love it if we could one day develop the Safeway parking lot.

The general ideas are good. widen some of the pedestrian areas and make the corridor uniform. One of the biggest annoyances with 8th street is the sidewalks are different widths. It mentions and 8th street cycle lane also.
Here's the existing plan, has some good ideas, it is dated from 2016.

DP2019-3135
26 storeys (83 metres)
230 units

Back