MichaelS

Member Bio
Reaction score
It has a thread here:

darwink

Member Bio
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing..
Vancouver's Benefic Foundation owned it, it moves around. Benefic has a weird history and is connected to a law firm of the same name which has had charity clients investigated by CRA at an above average rate.

It has been since creation installed in Venice, Vancouver, Calgary, Rome, Mallorca, and now back to Calgary. It sounds like New York City and Stanford both rejected the piece after initially showing interest - Stanford even bought it outright then sold it!

haltcatchfire

Member Bio
Reaction score
Wow, I didn’t know this piece had such a huge carbon footprint. Hope it stays in one spot.

Vancouver's Benefic Foundation owned it, it moves around. Benefic has a weird history and is connected to a law firm of the same name which has had charity clients investigated by CRA at an above average rate.

It has been since creation installed in Venice, Vancouver, Calgary, Rome, Mallorca, and now back to Calgary. It sounds like New York City and Stanford both rejected the piece after initially showing interest - Stanford even bought it outright then sold it!

MichaelS

Member Bio
Reaction score
So it looks like Zeidler has applied for a new tower in the Beltline, in the NE corner of 8th Street and 13th Avenue:

This site was purchased by GWL a couple of years ago, and I thought I saw something somewhere that indicated 25 stories or so. Only thing I could find tonight is from their Q4 2018 bulletin, which states they also bought the office building directly south of this site, in anticipation of a 2nd phase:

No renderings. I noticed that some of the new DP advertising signs around town now have images of the development up, so maybe one will appear on this site.