News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.7K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.6K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

General Construction Updates

The project is for 3 towers in total. 900-1000 units.
Ah yes, looks like there has been an update based on their latest April 2018 Investor Presentation:
https://killamreit.com/sites/default/files/Killam April 2018 Final_1.pdf

Page 29 of the above document:
upload_2018-5-17_21-44-43.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-5-17_21-44-43.png
    upload_2018-5-17_21-44-43.png
    806 KB · Views: 872
Thanks for providing that @MichaelS That's our 3 tower project, and 1.170 units to boot! Pretty non-descript looking, but perhaps just a conceptual rendering for now.

Those lots have been screaming for better usage. Even if they came in bland, it would be better than what we've got. I'm totally onside with everyone wanting to see more though. It would be nice if they could include a grocery store in their plans.

I believe the Office Depot building that was on that Grid 5 site started out life as a Safeway.

I believe the Office Depot building that was on that Grid 5 site started out life as a Safeway.
It was going to be the location of Cowboys at one point to, before the residents of Eau Claire lost their minds about that and the City kyboshed those plans.

If I do recall correctly, that grid 5 phase 2 site has been fenced off for a long while now, and i'm talking about the parcel A side. I might be thinking of a different spot though.

It was going to be the location of Cowboys at one point to, before the residents of Eau Claire lost their minds about that and the City kyboshed those plans.

It was Safeway until the early 90's. After that, it was vacant for a few years until reopening as Office Depot. I had already moved to Seattle by the time Office Depot closed, guessing around 2004.

Safeway had 4 locations around dt:
1) 8th street and 11th ave. The original store was much smaller, had cedar siding and occupied the north side of the site. It was expanded to the south by knocking down a few buildings in 1996, one of which had some heritage value

2) Grid site on 4th Ave and 5th St - demolished

3) Elbow Dr and 25th Ave - relatively unchanged for as long as I can remember

4) East Village - can't remember the exact location but I think it was on 7th or 8th Ave. It has been closed since at least the mid 80's

Back at work after 3 weeks, just in time to snap some pictures yesterday of a crane going up for the professional center construction at Meadows Mile:

IMG_2320_Crane Setup
by ferreth, on Flickr

IMG_2323_Prof Construction
by ferreth, on Flickr

The little retail to the north looks nice now it's done - needs something other than a nail shop going in though! Construction to the north on the Caddy dealer has progressed to steel framing - when (if!) I have more time I will do a walkabout and get photos.

Visit anywhere cool?

Just at home while on layoff due to a slow spring start for our oil well site remediation program. I didn't even get out as much as I'd like owing to a wicked cold that took me out for a long time. If things don't get super busy next week, I'll photo-walk the Meadows Mile strip, which is just north of my work.

IIRC, the Sony Store on 4th used to be a Safeway at one time also.

It was Safeway until the early 90's. After that, it was vacant for a few years until reopening as Office Depot. I had already moved to Seattle by the time Office Depot closed, guessing around 2004.

Safeway had 4 locations around dt:
1) 8th street and 11th ave. The original store was much smaller, had cedar siding and occupied the north side of the site. It was expanded to the south by knocking down a few buildings in 1996, one of which had some heritage value

2) Grid site on 4th Ave and 5th St - demolished

3) Elbow Dr and 25th Ave - relatively unchanged for as long as I can remember

4) East Village - can't remember the exact location but I think it was on 7th or 8th Ave. It has been closed since at least the mid 80's

Back