News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.8K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.6K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

General Construction Updates

Rumours of a project in the early stages. South side of 4 Avenue SW between 5 & 6 Streets. Potential 900 units.

This spot, I take it?

Image35.jpg

Attachments

• Image35.jpg
    Image35.jpg
    322.7 KB · Views: 460
55 storeys would be a nice to have. After the Telus Sky is done, Calgary can have another biggie being developed in the core, by the time its finished we'll be long out of this recession and more projects will follow. For me at this point, it just seems weird to imagine not seeing another large project with cranes popping out in downtown. We've been spoiled for well over a decade with one project after another, hopefully someone continues the trend!

Ah yes, that's definitely on the south side....not sure what I was thinking.

I had heard the same thing about something really tall going there. That was a while back mind you.

55 storeys would be a nice to have. After the Telus Sky is done, Calgary can have another biggie being developed in the core, by the time its finished we'll be long out of this recession and more projects will follow. For me at this point, it just seems weird to imagine not seeing another large project with cranes popping out in downtown. We've been spoiled for well over a decade with one project after another, hopefully someone continues the trend!
You are so right - we've been very spoiled for over a decade straight.
I hope it can continue as well.

Attachments

• upload_2018-5-17_8-28-35.png
    upload_2018-5-17_8-28-35.png
    697 KB · Views: 469
Grid 5 phase 2 got me looking at some of the other open parcels in downtown Calgary. Does anyone know if the the Hon Developments proposal in chinatown has any life left in it? Looking at google all I see are articles from the end of 2016.

Grid 5 phase 2 got me looking at some of the other open parcels in downtown Calgary. Does anyone know if the the Hon Developments proposal in chinatown has any life left in it? Looking at google all I see are articles from the end of 2016.
There is definitely life in this one, think a permit should be submitted in the near future.

I'd like to see that Hon Chinatown one get going, wonder how he is doing financially? I heard that one of the Guardian towers is sitting at about 52% vacancy right now.

There is definitely life in this one, think a permit should be submitted in the near future.
What is the status of the updated ARP? I was under the impression nothing was to happen until that was approved, or at least substantially complete. The parcel is still zoned for the 1984 DC.

Back