Votes: 29 30.9%
  • So So

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Terrible

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
Hmmmm this fly through makes me like the project more. While the architecture is not stunning or breakthrough, I do think it will turn out nice and be a good addition to east village!

I was thinking the same thing. The video made me like the project a whole lot more. So a Shoppers' is also going in. I like the way it sits on the second floor and opens up to the street.
Image4.jpg

Attachments

• Image4.jpg
    Image4.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 878
Hmmmm this fly through makes me like the project more. While the architecture is not stunning or breakthrough, I do think it will turn out nice and be a good addition to east village!

Was thinking the exact same thing. I hated it at first, but seeing it in sorta "live action," or whatever, has tempered my skepticism for sure.

Couldn't hurt. There are only two in the city (Chinook Centre and North Hill Mall) Having one right down in the core would be nice. It would also be nice to have a bit of vibrancy on the street in the late hours.
I was wondering about the homelessness population from the drop in centre being an issue, but iirc people using the drop in centre have to be in the building for the night by a certain time.
A 24/7 Shoppers does make a lot of sense here.

Decent project, and retail in the area is welcome, but I don't understand the need for 50 different material/color choices in that podium.

It also would've been nice if they could've taken better advantage of the side that faces the flyover/river. It reminds me of the Sunalta LRT station where the most visible side is the empty back. It's a wasted opportunity...even if just for advertising.

Decent project, and retail in the area is welcome, but I don't understand the need for 50 different material/color choices in that podium.

It also would've been nice if they could've taken better advantage of the side that faces the flyover/river. It reminds me of the Sunalta LRT station where the most visible side is the empty back. It's a wasted opportunity...even if just for advertising.

I dunno, I think if they don't skimp out on any of the materials it could look quite nice. It looks a little busy, but I think it could still work quite well since most of the distinct color schemes stick to their respective sides of the podium, and you're really only looking at one or two sides at the same time. It looks good from all sides imo, but yeah the one facing the river could use a little more. Some decent public art would go well there.

Definitely much less sterile of a podium than lots of other projects we've seen in Calgary - it's a shame the towers aren't anything special.
Still looking forward to it though.

Hi Group,
Re the Homeless and the D I. Been There Done That.
There is a Time/Curfew as Such. Not Sure of the Curfew Time as It Escapes Me off hand. The Place is Open During the Daytime and You have a Choice- Stay There all day or Your Free to go Out etc, Some have Day Jobs, others Don 't. Over Flow Go to Other Locations at Night They are to Some degree Strict About People Hanging Out, For the place to have a Super Market and Drugstore, I believe Security will B tight due to the D I Location Close By.
Hope This Helps.
Tnx,
Operater.

I like the stripes created with the landscaping. It reminds me of a ballpark with the concrete pathway.

Back