Votes: 19 50.0%
  • So So

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
People vastly over estimate shipping costs. Moving a 40 foot container across the ocean costs maybe $1500-$2000. Add another $2000 for delivery beyond a port.
The price of oil factors in a fair bit also. When oil was $80.00 a barrel and upwards, it had an affect the choice of where large heavy items were fabricated. Steel mills in the U.S. suddenly got busy as it was cheaper to make it in the U.S. than in China w/shipping included. With this being a more expensive product than steel (by weight) and the cost of oil down significantly, shipping from Poland is reasonable. In the last couple of years, they've done lots of work in North America while fabricating in Poland.

On the picture with 4 pods lined up the second from the right looks to have the windows not lined up with its neighbours.
It's just the angle, the pod on the right is still in the air and forward of the other 3, you can see it in one of the other pictures

It may not be beautiful, but it's decent looking. I'm hoping the combination of this modular construction with a development not requiring underground parking can be a game changer for getting a mid-rise building up quickly and inexpensively.

People vastly over estimate shipping costs. Moving a 40 foot container across the ocean costs maybe $1500-$2000. Add another $2000 for delivery beyond a port.

I'm going after the oversized load markings. That ups the price significantly if it is wider than standard. (which it looks to be)

The key here is not the fabrication but where it is assembled.

Last edited:
It's just the angle, the pod on the right is still in the air and forward of the other 3, you can see it in one of the other pictures
The 3rd pod from the left has different windows, not the one they are craning into place. Might be an angle trick, but it looks to be misaligned to me...

They look like gaskets with exposed screws. (to the person that doesn't like the look so far)

I'm not considering these units are much, much pricier than anything I've shipped before. The costs of shipping is probably a fraction to the savings of purchasing the completed units overseas.

Here's a close up view of the windows.
2017 Oct 18 102a.jpg

2017 Oct 18 102.JPG

Attachments

• 2017 Oct 18 102a.jpg
    2017 Oct 18 102a.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 271
  • 2017 Oct 18 102.JPG
    2017 Oct 18 102.JPG
    155.2 KB · Views: 231
The whole thing just looks and sounds cheap and temporary to me. I’ll be patient and wait for more...just looks and seems weird.

Were there pods at the Hilton Garden Inn? Maybe it was just the washrooms prebuilt there and not whole rooms.

Yeah the Hilton had modular bathrooms. However, this may be the first fully modular constructed building on the Prairies. :)

Back