• So So

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hi Group,
I'd Like to See how it All Looks say into the New Year and Come Spring. Probably B a Lot Different.
Tnx,
Operater.

It's the first pre-fabricated high-rise ever built in Alberta, possibly all of western Canada, maybe even the entire country as I'm drawing a blank on any others right now... so that is to be expected. It should seem quite odd.

It's the first pre-fabricated high-rise ever built in Alberta, possibly all of western Canada, maybe even the entire country as I'm drawing a blank on any others right now... so that is to be expected. It should seem quite odd.
The only other one I know of is the ALT Hotel in St John's that was just completed.

The keyword in my post being "high-rise", the one in St. John's is like 3 or 4 floors. High-rise starts at 10 for commercial buildings/hotels and 12 for residential :)

However, that would be pretty wild if this was only the second pre-fab modular construct in all of Canada, of any size. Wow.

The keyword in my post being "high-rise", the one in St. John's is like 3 or 4 floors. High-rise starts at 10 for commercial buildings/hotels and 12 for residential :)

However, that would be pretty wild if this was only the second pre-fab modular construct in all of Canada, of any size. Wow.
This must be the first high rise for sure then, as the construction manager for the site said this was only the second in Canada where the whole floors were modular.

That's kind of awesome! :)

Hi Group,
If this is All Correct about Preblt etc, Guess We find out if it Saves on Time & Money Later I Guess.
Tnx,
Operater,

Hi Group,
If this is All Correct about Preblt etc, Guess We find out if it Saves on Time & Money Later I Guess.
Tnx,
Operater,
It'll save on time for sure, but cost maybe not. From what I've read, the modular construction isn't cheaper, but the fact that they save 6-8 months of construction time, it might be cheaper in the long run.

The savings on labour would be quite significant I'd imagine. Not to mention the extra 6 - 8 months of revenue service of the hotel.

Agreed. Not sure of all the costs involved at this point, but one would think that it must have been cheaper in some way, or they wouldn't have done it. Whatever the case, modular construction is only going to get more popular, it makes sense in many ways.

Pictures taken on Sunday just haven't had a chance to get around and post them up until now:

37988451712_4bdfc65528_b.jpg

with its neighbour in one picture:
24167266938_6a3732d81c_b.jpg

Hi All,
Interesting, Tnx for Posting. Guess We will see how this Project turns Out later,
Tnx,
Operater,

Back