Votes: 19 50.0%
  • So So

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I love that they kept those trees alive during construction. They've had a major head start with lots of light, and the new tenant can enjoy walking into their building from day 1.
ALT may be one of the those that looks better than expected when finished.

The windows have a warehouse feel. Should look okay.

Screen Shot 2017-09-07 at Thursday Sep 7, 2017 11.06.57 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-09-07 at Thursday Sep 7, 2017 11.06.57 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-07 at Thursday Sep 7, 2017 11.06.57 AM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 272
Hey everyone. First post on this forum after spending a couple years in SSP.

I think ALT Hotel is concrete construction for the 2 story podium and then switches to steel construction after that. In terms of the steel construction, another poster mentioned that a different crane would be required due to the weight of the steel. The CMLC posted yesterday on Twitter that the 'elbow' of Confluence Way will be closed to traffic from Sept 18 - Nov 15 for construction of the ALT Hotel. My guess is the closure is to accommodate the crane to lift the steel. Good news is that should mean the steel structure of Alt Hotel will be substantially complete by mid November and that we should be getting an idea of what the cladding and everything will look like shortly after that.

So apparently this is going to utilize modular construction, with pods already done and ready to be put into place on site. I'd guess there has to be some steel framing done first for the pods to be put into.

I saw two pods on site this morning.

So apparently this is going to utilize modular construction, with pods already done and ready to be put into place on site. I'd guess there has to be some steel framing done first for the pods to be put into.

I saw two pods on site this morning.
It's going to be interesting watching this get constructed with these pods. I don't believe this has ever happened here in Calgary before. There was the Bow with the modular bathrooms, that's all I can remember.

Back