News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.6K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.7K     0 

Urban Development and Proposals Discussion

Detailed render of the new art gallery. Nothing special, but I'm happy.

ContemporaryCalgary_NewGalleryWing-1024x543.jpg

is this a thing? i completely missed seeing anything on it.

^^^ Yes it's a thing. The first phases are already underway.

Thanks for posting @UrbanWarrior . It's no Library, or Studio Bell, but it looks good.

Such a shame that Bow Trail rans past it, it would be so nice to have the a section of Riverwalk in front of it instead.

I am hoping that they eventually do a second floor patio over Bow Trail to overlook the Bow. I really think that would make this an excellent facility.

I don't think the DP is the Giordano/Brava, as that one is a block or two west (and by Casola Koppe). The one Zoom asked about is by Sharon Wang Architect. Best I can tell from her website, it looks like it would be this one:

Looks like the two developments are across the street from each other. South Bow looks good for scale and urban form...not sure about the materials.
I don't think the DP is the Giordano/Brava, as that one is a block or two west (and by Casola Koppe). The one Zoom asked about is by Sharon Wang Architect. Best I can tell from her website, it looks like it would be this one:

That is my first thought literally every time I see anything by Torode.

Agreed. The colours or materials may not be great but the scale and usage are really good for that area. I would be happy to see it built.
Interesting. Exact right scale, right location and check out that integration into the existing transit sidewalks with the bike racks?

Back