News   Dec 13, 2019
 131     0 
News   Dec 13, 2019
 31     0 

Urban Development and Proposals Discussion

Mull

Member Bio
Reaction score
Even though it's only a concept, that cubed looking building in the centre pretty is sweet.
How does one get more information on this project? I couldn't find anything online. The project exists on many existing privately own properties, would their be a strategic plan out there?

Nimbus

Member Bio
Reaction score
Spear Street Capital out of SF is going to tweak up 3 buildings in the Beltline (I know one had IBM in it);

Silence&Motion

Member Bio
Reaction score
Great news! This block is basically a dead zone at the moment, but it is surrounded by amenities (Central Memorial Park, restaurants on 12 Ave and 1 ST). If they actually follow through on the plans to bring in retail and events, it could be a major game changer for this area of the beltline.

JonnyCanuck

Member Bio
Reaction score
I sure hope it works as a destination. Sounds like the project is motivated by all of the new rental residential that is coming to the Beltline. However, there is still a lot of empty office & retail space ... more each year ... particularly along 10 & 11 Ave SW. This project will probably detract from those spaces.

Last edited:

UrbanWarrior

Member Bio
Reaction score
What is that complex currently called? I always just thought it was the IBM Centre or something. Have all the tenants vacated or something?

GoVertical

Member Bio
Reaction score
I knew something was going on there! I think there's still a few tech companies in their that my job takes care of the plants in, axia and newalta?