News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.6K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.7K     0 

Urban Development and Proposals Discussion

Just a fun tidbit, the 2019 Mayor's Urban Design Awards are now happening, and there's a People's Choice category; you can vote on your favourite submitted project. It's a chance to see lots of stuff that is conceptual / un-built still, and is a chance to see stuff that hasn't really been discussed or made public yet... Have a look!

Mayor's Urban Design Awards - Projects

A couple of the conceptual master plans jumped out. The Manchester one, and another one called Belmont.

Manchester
manchester1.jpg
manchester2.jpg
manchester3.jpg

Even though it's only a concept, that cubed looking building in the centre pretty is sweet.
How does one get more information on this project? I couldn't find anything online. The project exists on many existing privately own properties, would their be a strategic plan out there?

Spear Street Capital out of SF is going to tweak up 3 buildings in the Beltline (I know one had IBM in it);

I sure hope it works as a destination. Sounds like the project is motivated by all of the new rental residential that is coming to the Beltline. However, there is still a lot of empty office & retail space ... more each year ... particularly along 10 & 11 Ave SW. This project will probably detract from those spaces.

Last edited:
What is that complex currently called? I always just thought it was the IBM Centre or something. Have all the tenants vacated or something?

Back