News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.6K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.7K     0 

Urban Development and Proposals Discussion

I saw the signs as well, my thought is that they wanted some signage during Stampede to get more eyes on the site. Although it does make sense that focus would be shifting with the Waterfront project winding down.
I am in agreement with why the signage has gone up now ... more drive/walk by traffic during Stampede. They do have something going on in Currie Barracks and in the community of Belmont right now. This Erlton project is pretty ambitious and I don't think the condo market is there to support it. As of now, they have not played in the purpose rental segment either.

I'm looking at the pic, but don't really understand the alignment. It looks like 11th ave is going to keep going right through to the river and turn into a new cable suspension bridge but the new bridge terminates where there are houses....unless those are going to be going? Or are they moving the old bridge over to the south? That doesn't really make sense.

Screen Shot 2019-07-05 at 3.43.37 PM.jpg

The old bridge is staying where it is, with the road being re-aligned slightly. I believe you are correct, 11th ave will come straight through when the transit building goes.

It still drives me nuts that CPR wants the 8St crossing closed there. Once that and this project are done, the connectivity between Ramsay and Inglewood will be limited to 12st, probably one of the worst connections for pedestrians in the inner city.

It still drives me nuts that CPR wants the 8St crossing closed there. Once that and this project are done, the connectivity between Ramsay and Inglewood will be limited to 12st, probably one of the worst connections for pedestrians in the inner city.
There should at least be a sidewalk on both sides of the 12th Street SE underpass... I get why they didn't during the anti-urban and anti-pedestrian, car-centric past, but I look forward to the Greenline triggering a bunch more sidewalk improvements such as this obvious one. Most positively, Inglewood and Ramsay have top-tier bicycle and pedestrian connections to the river network (which will continually be improving) so it's a prime candidate for an increasingly "car-lite" urban neighbourhood.

I was reading about the Homespace project in the construction updates thread, and I was wondering if anyone could tell me the difference between HomeSpace and Calgary housing?
I understand Calgary Housing is City owned, and HomeSpace is a not for profit, but does anyone have a sense of the different levels of clients they serve, if there is a difference?

IIRC there will be a new pedestrian crossing over the tracks on the west side of the Inglewood greenline station.

Also, I think the river pathway will go under the Ramsay bridge on both sides.

That’s a good spot too. Especially with the green space right there. They could have weekend markets with part time vendors spread outside and could even mix with a flea market setup.

But good city building practice is low so best we put it in the suburbs on one side of the city, on a major road, with lots of parking, far from preferred transit.

I've always thought converting the Mewata Armoury into something like this would be a good idea.

Back