News   Sep 20, 2019
 275     0 
News   Sep 19, 2019
 230     0 

Urban Development and Proposals Discussion

Mountain Man

Member Bio
Reaction score
All of Calgary that's in the river valley has water table issues, shouldn't be enough to derail a project. I'm glad that project didn't go ahead, we have more than enough faux history lol.

DougB

Member Bio
Reaction score
All of Calgary that's in the river valley has water table issues, shouldn't be enough to derail a project. I'm glad that project didn't go ahead, we have more than enough faux history lol.
If I remember correctly, that site was really bad, like a former creek that had been filled

Mountain Man

Member Bio
Reaction score
Interesting. I know lots of lots have underground rivers and streams to contend with during excavation, Centre 10 had it really bad when it was going to be the Midtown towers, kept having the wood shoring blow out lol. Probably a major reason buildings now use secant piles and shotcrete almost exclusively.

Social Justice

Member Bio
Reaction score
Let's hope the Nashlands doesn't include the Nash itself.
I think this is the site where the Starbucks, liquor store and Trail appliances sits. You can see the outline of the red barn in the background.

It's kinda funny...The strip mall was only built in 2009.

haltcatchfire

Member Bio
Reaction score
From the newsletter:
"Landstar Developments has a proposal for the Trail Appliances/Starbucks site, adjacent to the Nash, for a mixed-use building to be developed in conjunction with a project on the Nash lands which are zoned to go to 12 storeys."

So sounds like both properties.

I think this is the site where the Starbucks, liquor store and Trail appliances sits. You can see the outline of the red barn in the background.

It's kinda funny...The strip mall was only built in 2009.

Surrealplaces

Member Bio
Reaction score
Both proposals are indeed 12 storey proposals.

From the newsletter:
"Landstar Developments has a proposal for the Trail Appliances/Starbucks site, adjacent to the Nash, for a mixed-use building to be developed in conjunction with a project on the Nash lands which are zoned to go to 12 storeys."

So sounds like both properties.