News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.6K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.7K     0 

Urban Development and Proposals Discussion

Key is building on constrained sites where a market or a simple building like a beer hall would be near the highest and best use.

Like these:
1CEC8F42-B0D8-4C0C-B9C4-1D224E4451DB.jpeg

I think that's awesome. Those houses they are replacing are falling apart and I've been expecting something to developed there but figured it would be duplexes.

A couple of tidbits from the latest Inglewood CA Newsletter (planning committee report, page 30):

From the column:
Landstar Developments has a proposal for the Trail Appliances/Starbucks site, adjacent to the Nash, for a mixed-use building to be developed in conjunction with a project on the Nash lands which are zoned to go to 12 storeys....
From Landstar's site:

And this one also from the newsletter,
We also heard from RNDSQR whose project encompasses both the 12 St/9 Ave SE car lot and the CIBC building.It didn’t mention height, but we have heard something in the area of 38m.

A couple of tidbits from the latest Inglewood CA Newsletter (planning committee report, page 30):

From the column:
Landstar Developments has a proposal for the Trail Appliances/Starbucks site, adjacent to the Nash, for a mixed-use building to be developed in conjunction with a project on the Nash lands which are zoned to go to 12 storeys....

Do the "Nash lands" me we would lose the heritage building it sits in?

All of Calgary that's in the river valley has water table issues, shouldn't be enough to derail a project. I'm glad that project didn't go ahead, we have more than enough faux history lol.

All of Calgary that's in the river valley has water table issues, shouldn't be enough to derail a project. I'm glad that project didn't go ahead, we have more than enough faux history lol.

If I remember correctly, that site was really bad, like a former creek that had been filled

Back