News   Sep 20, 2019
 30     0 
News   Sep 19, 2019
 155     0 

Urban Development and Proposals Discussion

haltcatchfire

Member Bio
Reaction score
That’s a good spot too. Especially with the green space right there. They could have weekend markets with part time vendors spread outside and could even mix with a flea market setup.

But good city building practice is low so best we put it in the suburbs on one side of the city, on a major road, with lots of parking, far from preferred transit.

I've always thought converting the Mewata Armoury into something like this would be a good idea.

MichaelS

Member Bio
Reaction score

Surrealplaces

Member Bio
Reaction score
I think that's awesome. Those houses they are replacing are falling apart and I've been expecting something to developed there but figured it would be duplexes.

MichaelS

Member Bio
Reaction score
A couple of tidbits from the latest Inglewood CA Newsletter (planning committee report, page 30):

From the column:
Landstar Developments has a proposal for the Trail Appliances/Starbucks site, adjacent to the Nash, for a mixed-use building to be developed in conjunction with a project on the Nash lands which are zoned to go to 12 storeys....
From Landstar's site:

And this one also from the newsletter,
We also heard from RNDSQR whose project encompasses both the 12 St/9 Ave SE car lot and the CIBC building.It didn’t mention height, but we have heard something in the area of 38m.

outoftheice

Member Bio
Reaction score
A couple of tidbits from the latest Inglewood CA Newsletter (planning committee report, page 30):

From the column:
Landstar Developments has a proposal for the Trail Appliances/Starbucks site, adjacent to the Nash, for a mixed-use building to be developed in conjunction with a project on the Nash lands which are zoned to go to 12 storeys....
Do the "Nash lands" me we would lose the heritage building it sits in?