News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.6K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.7K     0 

Urban Development and Proposals Discussion

Not sure if most of you consider it Urban or not, but does anyone have any details on the 3 x 13 story proposal in Quarry Park by the Co-Op?

Not sure if most of you consider it Urban or not, but does anyone have any details on the 3 x 13 story proposal in Quarry Park by the Co-Op?
Yup definitely urban development. I haven't heard of anything in Quarry Park? Do you mean a a proposal by Quarry Bay in conjunction with CO-OP? There are 4 I think (Dalhousie, Brentwood, Oakridge, and 16th Ave NE)

Yup definitely urban development. I haven't heard of anything in Quarry Park? Do you mean a a proposal by Quarry Bay in conjunction with CO-OP? There are 4 I think (Dalhousie, Brentwood, Oakridge, and 16th Ave NE)
No, it is a three tower residential project in Quarry Park, located to the south of the market. Here is the DP:

Some stuff proposed for Currie Barracks, let's hope it gets off the ground as so far the single family homes that have been built aren't matching the overall vision that was promoted about 5 years ago.
An assisted living / seniors care project, called Currie Green, 3 buildings, and the renovation of the Officer's Mess:

And it looks like Anthem United has a condo project planned along the south side of Currie Barracks, next to Mount Royal University. 8 buildings according to the DP description:

No, it is a three tower residential project in Quarry Park, located to the south of the market. Here is the DP:

A hotel was proposed for that site a few years back. It was a saw fencing going up around the site when I was in Calgary a month ago.

Also saw a development notice for the parcel along 18th next to the QP Child Care Center.

Here's the Anthem Currie image file itself. Looks pretty dang good, thankfully.

Currie-web-banner.jpg

But great f*ck, who designed those other towers for Currie Barracks? What is going on with design in this city lately? Did we hit a bizarro timewarp and become 2001 Edmonton somehow?

Here's the Anthem Currie image file itself. Looks pretty dang good, thankfully.

Currie-web-banner.jpg

But great f*ck, who designed those other towers for Currie Barracks? What is going on with design in this city lately? Did we hit a bizarro timewarp and become 2001 Edmonton somehow?

The Anthem one looks simple and decent. The other one on the other hand is unacceptable. The materials and design are bad, the site design in worse. Front surface parking and vehicle drop off spots as the main features of the entrance? Not sure this is the type of streetscape anyone envisioned for Currie Barracks. I get that it is seniors housing primarily, but this had better get absolutely picked apart at UDRP, and I hope the Currie Barracks community NIMBYs push hard for a better design.

Last edited:
This one is decent. Good addition to the area.
And it looks like Anthem United has a condo project planned along the south side of Currie Barracks, next to Mount Royal University. 8 buildings according to the DP description:
View attachment 192795

Some stuff proposed for Currie Barracks, let's hope it gets off the ground as so far the single family homes that have been built aren't matching the overall vision that was promoted about 5 years ago.
This is a Statesman project. The Davenport building is already underway or has been selling for awhile now.

I don't see this on either Calgary Co-op or Quarry Bay Investments' website so it could be something independent of either one of these. It might be more residential from Remington who is behind the Quarry Park Development

A hotel was proposed for that site a few years back. It was a saw fencing going up around the site when I was in Calgary a month ago.

Also saw a development notice for the parcel along 18th next to the QP Child Care Center.

I don't see this on either Calgary Co-op or Quarry Bay Investments' website so it could be something independent of either one of these. It might be more residential from Remington who is behind the Quarry Park Development

There will still be room for a future hotel, in the NW portion of the parcel. This project has nothing to do with co-op / Quarry Bay. It is a Remington project.

Back