News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.7K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.7K     0 

General Construction Updates

The project is called Mission Landing https://calgary.skyrisecities.com/f...ruction-discussion.24791/page-56#post-1208932
Time to create thread.

Was at the Inglewood night market yesterday, looks like Moda has started construction on another site about a block south of the main strip close to The Nash. That area’s starting to come together, excited to see South Bank and Avli rise nearby too.

Also, drilling started on the midrise/co-op on MacLeod trail just south of Erlton. Not sure what project’s called.

Nice this project finally replacing some old houses on 15 Ave NE:
20180610_152936.jpg
20180610_152952.jpg
20180610_153104.jpg
20180610_153322.jpg

Attachments

• 20180610_152952.jpg
    20180610_152952.jpg
    349.3 KB · Views: 544
  • 20180610_153104.jpg
    20180610_153104.jpg
    276.8 KB · Views: 568
  • 20180610_153322.jpg
    20180610_153322.jpg
    257.3 KB · Views: 569
  • 20180610_152936.jpg
    20180610_152936.jpg
    356.8 KB · Views: 568
Thanks to the rain, I actually had enough time today to catch up my photos and post my Thursday walkabout through Meadows Mile. It's difficult to get there some days as the professional building cement pour is right at the entrance to Blackfoot Point - some days it looks like you can't walk down there with all the material transfer / cement unloading.

Here is a shot showing the north end of Blackfoot Point and the crane just beyond it:

Professional Centre Construction IMG_2352
by ferreth, on Flickr

They were hauling cement when I went by - allowing me to get a sweet crane shot:

Construction Crane IMG_2354
by ferreth, on Flickr

Previously, the site sat on winter hiatus as a big hole. Now you can see the base is coming along:

Professional Centre Construction IMG_2355
by ferreth, on Flickr

Next, I walk north to the newly completed High View Place, with all of one business - a nail place setting up shop. I heard rumors a coffee shop was setting up, but nothing indicative of that yet. Here is a shot looking north. You can see they have gone with a nice grass strip. In days gone by, the strip would be for angle parking instead. There is parking, all at the back and sides of the building. So you might have to walk 50 meters - the horror!

High View Place IMG_2358
by ferreth, on Flickr

This building has some pretty nice finishes for a retail strip - just too many elements, including a jarring one IMO. Fake wood looks good. Rock accent looks good. White paneling is fine. Yellow highlight area - too much! I HATE the stylized awnings - we have them at Blackfoot Point too and they suck. Just collect snow and ice in the winter to drip down/fall on you on a warm day, and do nothing to shelter you from the weather. Why not just add a roof and make real awnings? Here is the north side of the building, as much as I could get in one shot:

High View Place IMG_2360
by ferreth, on Flickr

I did a crappy photo stitch - think my angle was just too extreme for the stitch to properly pick up, but you get the idea of what the final building looks like:

High View Place img2360-61
by ferreth, on Flickr

Continuing north, I pass the Holiday Inn, still under construction. For all I know the guy working under the portico is the only one working on the site - I see some progress on the inside, but this is the first outside work I've seen this year on the building:

Holiday Inn Construction IMG_2363
by ferreth, on Flickr

Next, here is a shot showing you the north end of Meadows Mile. You can see the Ferrari dealer on the left, the Wash King in the far back, the Cadillac Dealer construction to the right of that, and the Porsche dealer to the far right:

Porsche IMG_2365
by ferreth, on Flickr

The Porsche dealer has what will likely end up being the nicest building in the complex, allowing for shots like this:

Porsches Line IMG_2367
by ferreth, on Flickr

Next, we see the "backside" of the Ferrari dealer. "Backside" is a bit of a tricky thing to determine with a triangular lot, we are looking at the "right angle" parts of the backside, the front steps to fill the hypotenuse:
Ferrari Dealer IMG_2369 by ferreth, on Flickr

Next, I walk along the side. I'd have gotten a picture from the "front" of the building, but my camera ran out of go-go juice before I could get to that on the way back. Here we see the now painted white concrete, with a big display window to be able gawk at the cars:

Ferrari Dealer IMG_2370
by ferreth, on Flickr

Continuing to the north east, we come to the Cadillac dealer construction, which has really been moving along, especially compared to everything else. Last I saw, they had dug a large hole, and from a distance I could see them pouring what looked like a basement - but I'm not sure as I never got over there during the winter/spring to check it out. What we have now is steel framing. I'll start with their render, which believe me, does not illuminate much better as to final look from a straight on view:

Cadillac Render Sign IMG_2372
by ferreth, on Flickr

Here is the north side of the building:

Cadillac Dealer Construction IMG_2371
by ferreth, on Flickr

South side from the west:

Cadillac Dealer Construction IMG_2374
by ferreth, on Flickr

South side from the northwest:

Cadillac Dealer Construction IMG_2379
by ferreth, on Flickr

Lastly, here is a picture of the car wash, a "Wash King" brand. I could do without the Barney purple, but otherwise it's a pretty nice building for a car wash:

Wash King Carwash IMG_2378
by ferreth, on Flickr

That is all from me for now. I'll be around - we will see if the summer leaves me with time to get around and snap some more construction photos!

Beltline DP for a 137 unit project at SW corner of 14 Av & 7 St SW. Do we know much about this one? Approximately 14 storeys.
I had heard through the rumor mill of a new project in the Beltline that was coming down the pipe, but don't know the address.

It turns out the one I had heard about is a different project, so we'll be seeing yet another Beltline project coming down the pipe later. 137 units and ~14 stories is a good scale for that location.

Beltline DP for a 137 unit project at SW corner of 14 Av & 7 St SW. Do we know much about this one? Approximately 14 storeys.

Is that the prison tower looking one?

Yes, back on March 22:
It's raining DPs......

Following up on what JonnyCanuck just posted, here is another one for the Beltline that came in this week. No unit count yet, but from NORR:
https://developmentmap.calgary.ca/#property/DP2018-1076
https://www.google.ca/maps/place/14...f74243bc31158ca!8m2!3d51.039519!4d-114.079547

The above DP is for Amble Ventures and is for 137 units. They also have a project planned for 524 14th Ave SW. That one is supposed to be 200 units. Amble did the rental project called 1215.

Snagged a couple of pics of the proposal for the old CBC Parcel on Westmount Blvd. The whole parcel will contain 84 units, made up of 3 storey townhouses.

Facing out toward Westmount Blvd.
IMG_5875.JPG

Facing the laneway on the north end of the parcel.
IMG_5876.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5875.JPG
    IMG_5875.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 798
  • IMG_5876.JPG
    IMG_5876.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 830
Also a bit of info regarding the triangle lot west of Vendome in Sunnyside. The city will be putting it out to developers for RFP in a couple of months. They are expecting developers to go for something in the range of 10 floors (the allowable max height for that parcel is 26M) and around 100 units, with a percentage of the units being affordable housing. Money for the Bow to Bluff project was taken away by the city, but it looks like this project may be help in getting some of the funding back through density bonusing.

Also a bit of info regarding the triangle lot west of Vendome in Sunnyside. The city will be putting it out to developers for RFP in a couple of months. They are expecting developers to go for something in the range of 10 floors (the allowable max height for that parcel is 26M) and around 100 units, with a percentage of the units being affordable housing. Money for the Bow to Bluff project was taken away by the city, but it looks like this project may be help in getting some of the funding back through density bonusing.
The community members won't be happy with 10 floors at that triangle location, if the allowable is 26m. 26m is roughly 8 floors.

Back