News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.8K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.6K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

General Construction Updates

News to me. I remember someone ( @Surrealplaces ? ) mentioning something about this a while ago, but no details that I can recall. Looks okay, nothing great, but a good fit for the area. It's got the right scale, and retail at ground level. It works for me.

News to me. I remember someone ( @Surrealplaces ? ) mentioning something about this a while ago, but no details that I can recall. Looks okay, nothing great, but a good fit for the area. It's got the right scale, and retail at ground level. It works for me.
That was me, but I didn't have a whole lot of info to offer as I had only seen the rendering on someone's phone. I was hoping to get an electronic copy and show people, but it never materialised. I think it'll fit into the Inglewood fabric okay. The article says that they intend to start soon, and this is also what I have heard. Back when I saw the rendering last summer, I was told they were looking to start summer of 2017.

postmedia-calgary35.jpeg

Pretty plain but it looks a lot better than the other Torode project

Speaking of that area, anyone know the plans for the Hose & Hound? I've heard it's changing completely, kinda disappointed as that's my favourite pub in the area.

I stopped by the Marda Loop/Altadore/South Calgary redevelopment plan meeting yesterday. Couldn't stay for long, but I got a brief look at renderings of the proposed buildings at 20 st/34 ave, and 15 st/33 ave. 20 st/34 ave building looks appropriate. It will be 20m tall (didn't catch the floor count) with retail at grade. It's basically an L-shaped building oriented toward the intersection.

I was disappointed at what I saw for the 15 st/33 ave building. The developer is requesting a zoning change to allow a mixed-use building, but the image looked like exclusive residential. Not only were the ground-level units residential, they were also set back from the sidewalk, and elevated above ground-level with stairs. This is a big problem, since units like these would not easily be re-purposed as retail spaces in the future.

I stopped by the Marda Loop/Altadore/South Calgary redevelopment plan meeting yesterday. Couldn't stay for long, but I got a brief look at renderings of the proposed buildings at 20 st/34 ave, and 15 st/33 ave. 20 st/34 ave building looks appropriate. It will be 20m tall (didn't catch the floor count) with retail at grade. It's basically an L-shaped building oriented toward the intersection.

I was disappointed at what I saw for the 15 st/33 ave building. The developer is requesting a zoning change to allow a mixed-use building, but the image looked like exclusive residential. Not only were the ground-level units residential, they were also set back from the sidewalk, and elevated above ground-level with stairs. This is a big problem, since units like these would not easily be re-purposed as retail spaces in the future.
I'm disappointed to hear about the 33 ave proposal. I'd like to see developments along 33rd ave with retail at base. If not retail, then at least like you mentioned, some way to re-purpose them in the future. The setback with stairs is a problem. Please tell me they aren't also having little patches of grass along the front.

Attachments

• upload_2017-4-23_9-50-33.png
    upload_2017-4-23_9-50-33.png
    562.2 KB · Views: 422
I'm interested to see more details on this one. hopefully it's better than the Oakridge COOP proposal.

Back