News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.9K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.7K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.9K     0 

General Construction Updates

I would have thought they would built the new bridge in exactly the same spot. 12th, runs right past Rouge, with little room to move the road by the time it's hits the bridge.

I would have thought they would built the new bridge in exactly the same spot. 12th, runs right past Rouge, with little room to move the road by the time it's hits the bridge.
The spot where the new bridge is, is aimed right into rouge, so the road would have to shift alot. Is rouge getting torn down, or is the road going to have a sharp shift?

The spot where the new bridge is, is aimed right into rouge, so the road would have to shift alot. Is rouge getting torn down, or is the road going to have a sharp shift?

Good question, I'll have to try and get by there on foot and see what is happening with the road alignment. I doubt the Rouge property was acquired and guess the road will sharply bend around it. A bend is probably a good thing as it'll slow traffic.

So which bridge are we talking about? I was talking about the 9 Ave bridge, not the 12St bridge...
I was talking about the 12th ave Bridge, I forgot about the 9th ave bridge. I guess they would be in the same situation as 12th st though. Not much room to maneuver. I don't mind a completely new bridge as long as they make it extra wide and cycle/pedestrian friendly.

They have a ton of space for the 12st bridge, no reason they can't accommodate bike lanes. Is there much bike traffic there though?
For 9th, does anyone know the timeline of replacing that bridge?

I just wanna do a recap of the projects that have started since January 2016... as this is the low point of the worst recession in decades, if not ever. Despite this, we're still building like crazy.

Marriott Residence Inn
Park Point
5th and Third (Arris)
alt Hotel
INK
The Hat
Verve
Underwood Tower
West Village One (possibly two and three)
Marriott Rental

So just since the start of 2016, we're getting: two large new hotels, a major new shopping centre, seven (up to eleven) new residential towers, three (up to seven) of which are over 100 meters tall.

This would be a torrid pace of construction for any city close to our size, but to have nine (up to thirteen) towers start in only 17 months during a terrible recession is pretty fucking extraordinary. This is exactly what I was hoping for at the start of the recession, and it seems my wish has been granted! :D

Radius and Ezra also started up after Jan 2016, they would've had some pre-sales of course but Ezra's west building had no sales when they started.

Yeah, it's been very surprising how many projects have started since the heart of the recession.

I just wanna do a recap of the projects that have started since January 2016... as this is the low point of the worst recession in decades, if not ever. Despite this, we're still building like crazy.

Marriott Residence Inn
Park Point
5th and Third (Arris)
alt Hotel
INK
The Hat
Verve
Underwood Tower
West Village One (possibly two and three)
Marriott Rental

So just since the start of 2016, we're getting: two large new hotels, a major new shopping centre, seven (up to eleven) new residential towers, three (up to seven) of which are over 100 meters tall.

This would be a torrid pace of construction for any city close to our size, but to have nine (up to thirteen) towers start in only 17 months during a terrible recession is pretty fucking extraordinary. This is exactly what I was hoping for at the start of the recession, and it seems my wish has been granted! :D

I think I was the only one who was talking about 9th for some reason haha.
I'm up for discussion on either one :) I had heard something about 9th being re-done, but had forgotten about it. My only hope is they build something wide so that there can be a nice path from downtown into Inglewood.

I'm up for discussion on either one :) I had heard something about 9th being re-done, but had forgotten about it. My only hope is they build something wide so that there can be a nice path from downtown into Inglewood.

The 9th Ave bridge is definitely going to be redone soon. They haven't unveiled the new design, but I hope it's something with character like the current bridge.

Radius and Ezra also started up after Jan 2016, they would've had some pre-sales of course but Ezra's west building had no sales when they started.

Yeah, it's been very surprising how many projects have started since the heart of the recession.

What's even better is we have more to look forward to within the next couple months, with Marriott Autograph, Orchard I, and 17 Select all planned to go ahead. That'll lead to 16 tower starts (not including Radius or Ezra as they are mid-rises) within probably a 20 - 24 month period. That's almost on-par with what we were doing during the boom years.

Back