News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.9K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.7K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.9K     0 

General Construction Updates

I wish they would have only built the new Inglewood bridge for vehicles and modified the old bridge as a pedestrian cycling route. Maintain the history of the old bridge and provide lots of capacity. They could have had cycle lanes down the middle with sidewalks either side like the Peace bridge.

I wish they would have only built the new Inglewood bridge for vehicles and modified the old bridge as a pedestrian cycling route. Maintain the history of the old bridge and provide lots of capacity. They could have had cycle lanes down the middle with sidewalks either side like the Peace bridge.
We were talking about this over the weekend, and I was saying the same thing. My sister thinks they couldn't because of the way the roads line up, but i'm not sure, I think they could have jogged the road to the side in order to make it work.

Maybe I haven't had enough coffee this morning, I'm trying to recall which co-op development is slated for McLeod Trail?
Great to see this lot getting filled in finally with a solid design, although part of me was hoping for the odd previous design to come to fruition. If the Coop development goes ahead that stretch of Macleod will be much improved.

Here are a few pics I snapped of the new Beltline park. My apologies for The drab, gray look. I'll get a few more pictures when it's a nice sunny day.

IMG_9421.JPG
IMG_9422.JPG
IMG_9425.JPG
IMG_9427.JPG
IMG_9428.JPG
IMG_9429.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_9421.JPG
    IMG_9421.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 307
  • IMG_9422.JPG
    IMG_9422.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 288
  • IMG_9425.JPG
    IMG_9425.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 302
  • IMG_9427.JPG
    IMG_9427.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 273
  • IMG_9428.JPG
    IMG_9428.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 286
  • IMG_9429.JPG
    IMG_9429.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 262
I was worried the new park was going to look to engineered and not have enough green space, but I like what I see. Nice pics B. I'll have to check it out in person next time I'm down on 17th.

I remember seeing that one recently. Posted by HE PennyPacker a while back.

Not sure if I've seen anything posted but here are some crude (in terms of quality) renders of the redevelopment of the Heninger site on Macleod Trail just south of the cemetery. Retail on the main with condo's above plus a new gas station/c-store. DP is in for it. It's called 'Mission Landing'. A Co-op is planned for the main floor IIRC.
Picture0003.jpg
Picture0001.jpg
Picture0002.jpg

Attachments

• Picture0003.jpg
    Picture0003.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 283
  • Picture0001.jpg
    Picture0001.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 275
  • Picture0002.jpg
    Picture0002.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 269
We were talking about this over the weekend, and I was saying the same thing. My sister thinks they couldn't because of the way the roads line up, but i'm not sure, I think they could have jogged the road to the side in order to make it work.
Definitely would mess up the alignment of the roads, and moving the roads would require moving all the utilities.

I haven't been by there recently, however does the road not need the alignment change anyway with the new bridge sitting west of the old one?
It will require a slight shift, moving the new span any further would require a major shift in the road which would affect utilities more. I imagine the new span will be immediately adjacent to the current one.

It will require a slight shift, moving the new span any further would require a major shift in the road which would affect utilities more. I imagine the new span will be immediately adjacent to the current one.

Right, but won't the new road alignment be what it will be regardless if the old bridge remained for pedestrians or not. Why would the new span need to move any further than they have done?

It's all moot anyway as it sounds like the condition of the old bridge was too dire to save and maintain.

Back