Votes: 20 44.4%
  • So So

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I never thought I would like the reflectiveness of the glass, but it's growing on me. I'm liking the white accents too, something that wasn't shown well in the renderings.

This one where I think the quality finished product is exceeding that of the renders.

This one where I think the quality finished product is exceeding that of the renders.
Agreed. I didn't have high hopes for this one. I'm curious about the glazing on the residential portion, in the rendering it looks more transparent than the hotel piece which would be good IMO. As much as I don't mind the reflective mirrored glass on the hotel, two towers of this would be too much.

Hi Again,

We can disagree here but my Views on 10th Ave are Variable based on the Long Term of the Whole Areas based on 10th, 11th, and 12th Avenues as well I somehow feel the City Includes all 3 as part of DT, not just the Belt Line etc, I think this Reflects in Present and Future Dlvpmnts Between 14th St on the West to 4th St. SE. as We are
Now see Happening, Give it Say 5 Years and It Won't B the same as We know it Now. Just an honest view.

Tnx,
Operater.

Hi Group,

Here is a Question. What are the Chances of this Project getting into the Plus 15 System at some point in time? The only way I see It happening is Via the Place 10 Project
but I'm Not sure of Its Status at the Moment.

Tnx,
Operater.
The city is adamantly against extending the +15 south of the tracks, so I would say it's a long shot.

The Marriott towers are going to be a game changer for 10th Avenue. If that Sutton Place Hotel ever gets built, we might be looking at a new concentrated area for hotels in the city.

I like this policy, will create a better street presence.

On another note, looks like the Marriott is going to have a great third floor outdoor patio.

Me too. The bridges are a disruption to a pedestrian's sight lines.

This is possibly the nicest Marriott Residence Inn I've seen

I like this policy, will create a better street presence.

On another note, looks like the Marriott is going to have a great third floor outdoor patio.
The +15 drives me nuts, takes all the retail off the street and is full of people who don't pay attention to what they're doing lol. On cold or rainy days I do appreciate them though.

I'd really like for there to be a +15 (+30, +45, +207.853, whatever) that goes across the tracks to the Marriott. If people are so adamantly against it attaching to any other structures South the tracks, it doesn't really affect me. But I am in favour of any connection that, in this case literally, bridges over the tracks.

I'd really like for there to be a +15 (+30, +45, +207.853, whatever) that goes across the tracks to the Marriott. If people are so adamantly against it attaching to any other structures South the tracks, it doesn't really affect me. But I am in favour of any connection that, in this case literally, bridges over the tracks.
I'm not a supporter of the +15's but I would like to see something similar to New York's high line park that simply covers a good chunk of the tracks, and connects to some of the buildings.

Hi Group,

I Could B wrong on this - I'm not sure on this really, but the Place 10 Project is Currently on HOLD. While I have gone by a few Times, the East End of the Project looks like a Provision was started for a Plus 15 Going into the System across 4th St. S.W. Just not sure. Need to Get a Good Look See next time I am in the Areas. If Place 10 has
a Provision for a Plus 15, it won't take much to Extend West across 5th St S.W. and into the Hotel Complex. Just my views only so it doesn't mean it would happen at some future time but I could see it happening if the conditions were right.

Tnx,
Operater.

Hi Again,

A bit Off Topic, but I noticed a Project called "Sutton Place Hotel" mentioned on this Topic. What is this Project all about and where would it B on 1oth Ave. How high
Would it B?

Tnx,
Operater,

Hi Again,

A bit Off Topic, but I noticed a Project called "Sutton Place Hotel" mentioned on this Topic. What is this Project all about and where would it B on 1oth Ave. How high
Would it B?

Tnx,
Operater,
It was to be located at 718 10th Ave SW, a few parcels west of the Residence Inn project. The DP was submitted back in 2013, and had a very difficult time getting through the approvals process. It finally got approval back in 2016, however I am not sure if they intend to proceed with construction now. From what I saw, it kind of looked like their downtown Vancouver hotel, here:
https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Su...aea63ba6d514fa!8m2!3d49.2830973!4d-123.123975

Hi Again,

Saw the Sight for the Sutton Place Hotel in Vancouver. Looks to B about 17 Floors. NOT very Big really. I will B Interested to See just what Happens in Calgary if it gets Blt. at some Future Time. Go Further West and your right Up beside the M E C Store. Interesting!

Tnx,
Operater.

Back