News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.9K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.8K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.9K     0 

Calgary International Airport

Once again another 3% increase, and still over 3% for the year. Here is a question for those more knowledgeable. Is the increase due to any decreases of flights at other airports?

Once again another 3% increase, and still over 3% for the year. Here is a question for those more knowledgeable. Is the increase due to any decreases of flights at other airports?
It's possible. In the case of YEG, they are down for transborder and international, which could point to YYC's transborder and International numbers going up. Domestic at YEG is up, but some of that domestic maybe is going to YYC for connections? Not sure.

YEG traffic 2017
  • Terminal 1.5% (4.7% Year to Date)
  • Domestic 2.7% (6.9% Year to Date)
  • Transborder -3.2% (-5.8% Year to Date)
  • International -9.8% (-1.2% Year to Date)
  • Rolling 12-Month 2.8%

Regina and Saskatoon might be part of the increased numbers at yyc as Delta and United pulled their American flights from those citied last year. Someone can correct me if I’m wrong Im sure there arent any more US or international flights from Saskatoon or Regina.

Regina and Saskatoon might be part of the increased numbers at yyc as Delta and United pulled their American flights from those citied last year. Someone can correct me if I’m wrong Im sure there arent any more US or international flights from Saskatoon or Regina.
West Jet has seasonal to LV, Orlando and Phoenix from YQR, and same from YXE. Wikipedia shows YXE as having a regular Delta flight to MSP. I don't know if that's still the case or not. But yeah, if they've cut back some of the transborder flights from those cities it could help increase transborder at YYC.

Someone can correct me if I’m wrong Im sure there arent any more US or international flights from Saskatoon

I fly out of YXE fairly often. The only international flight I've ever seen was to Cancun. Delta does fly to Minneapolis though. Hardly any international traffic in Saskatoon for sure.

I can't remember if I've asked this before, but does anyone know why the airport terminal was built on the far NE end of the airport? This seems like it was a totally disastrous decision from a transportation standpoint. If the terminal had been built off McKnight Blvd, it would have almost halved the distance to the downtown core.

I raise question given the discussion about the feasibility of an airport LRT line in the Fantasy Map thread. It seems like one main reason that an LRT is not feasible is that the trip would be extremely long in comparison with a car or bus trip.

Planes used to be way louder - we should count ourselves lucky that Transport Canada didn't foist on the city a distant airport like Edmonton or Mirabel, or what they attempted to do in Pickering. Taxiing closer to the city was seen as bad. Plus initially the Airbus to Edmonton stayed at the south terminal iirc.

Planes used to be way louder - we should count ourselves lucky that Transport Canada didn't foist on the city a distant airport like Edmonton or Mirabel, or what they attempted to do in Pickering. Taxiing closer to the city was seen as bad. Plus initially the Airbus to Edmonton stayed at the south terminal iirc.

Ah! The taxiing! That makes sense, I guess. I was thinking that the noise would come more from the actual flying.

https://twitter.com/BrandiBean007

DOea1BDUQAA_KRa.jpg

Attachments

• DOea1BDUQAA_KRa.jpg
    DOea1BDUQAA_KRa.jpg
    268.8 KB · Views: 353
Kind of airport related. Has anone else noticed those adds for Hainan here on SRC? I clicked on the ad out of curiosity and the deals seem good. For my wife and I, and our 5 year old son, it came to a grand total of $1,749 CDN for the direct flight to Beijing. Just wondering if there is any catch?

Image2.jpg

Attachments

• Image2.jpg
    Image2.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 430
Looks like it comes into Terminal 2, but Terminal 2 does have a rail line connected. Funny, Terminal 2 looks pretty decent, but then you see Terminal 3 and it looks amazing.

My ticket to Hong Kong was $1,380 so $1,749 is a great deal IMO. I'm guessing the flights are limited to certain dates right?
Kind of airport related. Has anone else noticed those adds for Hainan here on SRC? I clicked on the ad out of curiosity and the deals seem good. For my wife and I, and our 5 year old son, it came to a grand total of $1,749 CDN for the direct flight to Beijing. Just wondering if there is any catch?

View attachment 127339

My ticket to Hong Kong was $1,380 so $1,749 is a great deal IMO. I'm guessing the flights are limited to certain dates right?
Yeah that's around what I paid to go to Hong Kong. It was 10 years ago, so I could be remembering it wrong. But yeah, $1749 does seem like a great deal. i was wondering if there was a catch....maybe just off season rates?

Back