Green Line LRT | ?m | ?s | Calgary Transit

Best direction for the Green line at this point?

• Go ahead with the current option of Eau Claire to Lynbrook and phase in extensions.

Votes: 41 61.2%
  • Re-design the whole system

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Cancel it altogether

Votes: 5 7.5%

• Total voters
I also found this poster’s enthusiasm for AECOM unusual. No more posts now that they’ve been called out?

On the weekend I noticed AECON signs on the Deerfoot upgrade at Anderson. It made me wonder if there’s not some kind of backroom dealing going on where the province has already engaged that firm and dangled Greenline funding in their negotiation or something. Just feels off somehow…
AECON is Canadian construction firm, whereas AECOM is from the states and is consulting firm.

I have seen over and over mention of a Calgary Grand Station. Is there actually any information on what the plan is here? Or is it all theoretical?

Is there a location? Where?
Has land been bought/acquired/set aside?
Don't see any real mention in the Green Line documents - so assuming this is a Provincial plan and something that already have the land for?

If it is all theoretical, how is there ever any way to tie the Green Line into something that there isn't even any form of plan for?

The details are still conceptual, but I think it has been a plan for quite some time (at a high level at least) to have a high speed rail station there. The Province acquired land from CP rail years ago, which resulted in a lawsuit from Remington Develompent I think to CP rail:

Back