Green Line LRT | ?m | ?s | Calgary Transit

Best direction for the Green line at this point?

• Go ahead with the current option of Eau Claire to Lynbrook and phase in extensions.

Votes: 40 60.6%
  • Re-design the whole system

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Cancel it altogether

Votes: 5 7.6%

• Total voters
Alright, hate to derail all the bot love but here's a couple of rough pics of what I had in mind.

View attachment 599820

East portion is the purple brt upgraded to lrt with possible extension further east. It would interline with GL for Inglewood and 4st se stations.

View attachment 599821

This would be the tunneled portion in city center, using the util cleared 11av row then going south on 4st sw to 17av and exiting at crowchild. A little under 5km long and being further from the river, so should be doable as c&c.

View attachment 599823

Once its out in crowchild, the line goes elevated down the median, then veers off into MRU territory and on to grey eagle.

I realize this probably belongs in fantasyland given how GL has gone and how long it's likely to take to complete, but I think this would be a decent candidate for line 4 in Calgary, linking up a lot developing and higher density areas.

Roast my idea as you see fit :)
Personally I love it !

While we're on this tangent, does the city know where it would put an MSF for the Westbrook-MRU streetcar? Not much real estate in proximity feels very suitable. There are some empty parcels south of 50th Ave - presumably ATCO owned? But I'd think there is higher value use for those either residential (after Currie buildout) or for another business campus. Maybe between ATCO HQ and 50th Ave (right beside Crowchild)...or the NE corner of 50th and Crowchild? Or maybe the 'natural' area just north of Safety City? Kinda hard to imagine that spot being developed into anything else, even though it's pretty attractive in a lot of ways.

Back