Green Line LRT | ?m | ?s | Calgary Transit

Best direction for the Green line at this point?

• Go ahead with the current option of Eau Claire to Lynbrook and phase in extensions.

Votes: 40 60.6%
  • Re-design the whole system

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Cancel it altogether

Votes: 5 7.6%

• Total voters
Can I ask again, where are you getting this information/checking against?
I've looked and can't see any plans (Route Ahead or anything else on the City's site) that reference what your stating are 'plans out there'.

Ramsayite has already posted what is being proposed for a Purple line tie in to Dt (which you thanked but haven't replied to) and I'm trying to think what a spur off from Sunalta would look like?

I'm especially curious about getting from the North side of Glenmore to the South.
If you could provide links, I'd really like to look at them.
The information can be found using this link, 'calgary lrt, future city routes'.
This plan has been available for quite some time: I found it in 2022.
The plan clearly demonstrates the suggested routes for
a. purple line;
b. Sunalta spur - self explanatory;
c. north side of Glenmore to the south - red, blue and green.
The plan suggests circular routes linking the 4 quadrants with inferred additional circular routes for airport access (Grey) and TCH 1 (Gold).
If the Green Line is proving problematic then further headaches lie ahead!

The information can be found using this link, 'calgary lrt, future city routes'.
This plan has been available for quite some time: I found it in 2022.
The plan clearly demonstrates the suggested routes for
a. purple line;
b. Sunalta spur - self explanatory;
c. north side of Glenmore to the south - red, blue and green.
The plan suggests circular routes linking the 4 quadrants with inferred additional circular routes for airport access (Grey) and TCH 1 (Gold).
If the Green Line is proving problematic then further headaches lie ahead!
Ok, I'll ask again, can you provide the actual link to any City documentation on what you are suggesting above.
What you have provided is not a link and even throwing that in a search pulls up nothing that your suggesting.
The closet thing it suggests is the City's future Rapid Transit Network map.
There's no purple LRT, or Yellow LRT, only the current MAX routes. I'm not sure what the circular routes are your referencing or this Gold Line along what I'm assuming is the Trans Canada.

For Glenmore, the question was specific to how a yellow spur to Braeside would cross the Reservoir/Elbow. The Red,Blue,Green lines couldn't be farther from it. I'm honestly lost as to what exactly your saying here and why your bringing them up.

Can you provide the direct link to what your referencing please.

Ok, I'll ask again, can you provide the actual link to any City documentation on what you are suggesting above.
What you have provided is not a link and even throwing that in a search pulls up nothing that your suggesting.
The closet thing it suggests is the City's future Rapid Transit Network map.
There's no purple LRT, or Yellow LRT, only the current MAX routes. I'm not sure what the circular routes are your referencing or this Gold Line along what I'm assuming is the Trans Canada.

For Glenmore, the question was specific to how a yellow spur to Braeside would cross the Reservoir/Elbow. The Red,Blue,Green lines couldn't be farther from it. I'm honestly lost as to what exactly your saying here and why your bringing them up.

Can you provide the direct link to what your referencing please.
Sorry, that link search text does work. Just type it in and hey presto: you will see that it is all City of Calgary documents.
The rest of your questions will be answered once you successfully encode the search link text.

Sorry, that link search text does work. Just type it in and hey presto: you will see that it is all City of Calgary documents.
The rest of your questions will be answered once you successfully encode the search link text.
No offense, I wouldn't pay much attention to this user. They have only ever posted in this thread and only started posting on July 30. Something is off with them, and typically when something is off there's a reason for that.

1000028091.png

I think they are referring to this map and they are misconstruing BRT for LRT and assuming a granularity of R.O.W choice that is not present.

No offense, I wouldn't pay much attention to this user. They have only ever posted in this thread and only started posting on July 30. Something is off with them, and typically when something is off there's a reason for that.
Oh, ye of little faith! Ignore me if you wish. I neverasked you to subscribe or answer my posts. Don't limit your ability to discern project facts from your ignorance. Go in peace!

View attachment 599690

I think they are referring to this map and they are misconstruing BRT for LRT and assuming a granularity of R.O.W choice that is not present.
That's the only thing I could find even remotely close but the comment about the Red,Green and Blue lines crossing Glenmore, when I asked about a spur to Braeside, just absolutely threw me for a loop.

Sounds like a scammer or a bot or AI or something not human.

So full of yourself and, yet, you miss the points given! Pity!
Can you please answer my question above. The plan you're referencing, is it the RTN as shown above by Ramsayite?
If it is not, I would kindly ask you for a 3rd time, provide a direct URL to the plan document.
The search term you provided does not result in anything other than the RTN.

That's definitely annoying if GL ends up going elevated on 10th, but not necessary a total loss.
If 11av is util free now, that row could still be used for a future line.

I've been pondering ways that a LRT upgraded purple line could be extended down through beltline and on to MRU.

I'll post a pic if I get a chance to diagram it out later.

Alright, hate to derail all the bot love but here's a couple of rough pics of what I had in mind.

1000004888.png

East portion is the purple brt upgraded to lrt with possible extension further east. It would interline with GL for Inglewood and 4st se stations.

1000004889.png

This would be the tunneled portion in city center, using the util cleared 11av row then going south on 4st sw to 17av and exiting at crowchild. A little under 5km long and being further from the river, so should be doable as c&c.

1000004890.png

Once its out in crowchild, the line goes elevated down the median, then veers off into MRU territory and on to grey eagle.

I realize this probably belongs in fantasyland given how GL has gone and how long it's likely to take to complete, but I think this would be a decent candidate for line 4 in Calgary, linking up a lot developing and higher density areas.

Roast my idea as you see fit :)

Honestly, if an elevated station was integrated well it would feel far more like a lot of great transit cities subways as they're (mostly) built for humans with retail, shopping, food, etc. I think it'd be hard to integrate well though.
It would be a challenge to do well, but not impossible. And given the costs quoted for the underground stations, I can't see it being more expensive.

The train itself would have to run above the +15, so on that block you could either have a larger +15 plaza sort of thing, or fully join the two blocks along the lines of the core shopping mall.

V-type +15 bridges could go on the north and south ends to more directly link to the other blocks, or maybe the existing network connections are good enough and that would be overkill. Up to the engineers and building owners if it ends up going that way.

Back