Green Line LRT | ?m | ?s | Calgary Transit

Soft construction is underway, so like site prep for the entire line, and the hard construction (tunnelling through downtown, track construction) will start in 2020.

Has the city acquired all the land needed for the project yet?

Here's a question for the experts. What happens if somebody doesn't sell their land to the city? Is there some sort of legal procedure to make them sell the land?

Here's a question for the experts. What happens if somebody doesn't sell their land to the city? Is there some sort of legal procedure to make them sell the land?
Expropriation.
upload_2018-5-24_10-8-28.png

http://www.calgary.ca/Transportation/TI/GreenLineDocuments/GL-Land-Aquisition-FAQ-apr2016.pdf

Attachments

• upload_2018-5-24_10-8-28.png
    upload_2018-5-24_10-8-28.png
    24.2 KB · Views: 362
Hi,

I will B most Interested to see Who Calgary Goes with Car Wise. I HOPE it will B with the Company that has Blt the Other Cars over the Years.

Tnx,
Operater.

Latest plans I've seen show a station location on the NE side of 1 Street SW and 12 Avenue (across the street from Hotel Arts) in that little parkette. I had wished they would remove parking lots rather than the precious little green space we have the Beltline.

Latest plans I've seen show a station location on the NE side of 1 Street SW and 12 Avenue (across the street from Hotel Arts) in that little parkette. I had wished they would remove parking lots rather than the precious little green space we have the Beltline.
I take it the outside access will be located at that little corner park?

Best option for a station pushed as far west as possible? Swapping the crossover and the station? Plus not putting the station box under Macleod southbound?
View attachment 154171
That must be what it is. On one hand all the tall towers are going around the area closest to Centre Street Station, but the further west, the closer to the center of the Beltline.

That's what I've seen. The latest plans, anyway.
Interesting. My own preference is to have the station between First and Centre and have some sort of mixed use development on that empty lot that incorporates the station somehow.

My own preference is to have the station between First and Centre and have some sort of mixed use development on that empty lot that incorporates the station somehow.

Agreed. Don't get me wrong, there is clearly a locational advantage to having it as far west as possible. It's also a very visible and important corner to have a station entrance.

My own preference is to have the station between First and Centre and have some sort of mixed use development on that empty lot that incorporates the station somehow.

Agreed. Ideally I'd want that station pushed as far west as possible to have a bigger impact on the Beltline.

Back