Green Line LRT | ?m | ?s | Calgary Transit

I think it will need to be retained to allow a transfer of cars between the lines.
Yes, that tunnel would be still required and will be used regularly (multiple times daily), to transfer trains between lines.

Different types of maintenance happen at different maintenance facilities, and the storage in the NE can handle more trains than what is required solely for the Blue line. Red line trains are stored up in the NE every day.

Hi,
I Have Heard Stories over the Years about the Now Red Line going Under 8th Ave. S.W. If I am Correct the is a Provision for a Station at the Husky Towers as Well.
I have No Ideas of How far West this Line Would Go.

+nder

The line would likely have to start turning to go north at 9th street, eventually exiting the tunnel to utlize the existing bridge across the Bow and connect with the remaining portion of the red line. If there is a station roughed in under the husky towers (Western Canadian Place), I would guess that would be the western most station for the red line downtown.

From 2006:
upload_2018-8-31_9-16-41.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-8-31_9-16-41.png
    upload_2018-8-31_9-16-41.png
    362.1 KB · Views: 537
Can anyone comment further on the single vs double bore? I don't think I've ever been in a vertically stacked single bore metro station.

I would prefer the side by side version all things equal. I don't recall any subway systems anywhere that have the two lines stacked upon each other.

Vancouver's Expo line uses this configuration downtown, although the tunnel was not originally designed for this purpose. Seems to work fine.

From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunsmuir_Tunnel: Because the tunnel is only wide enough to accommodate a single railway track but with sufficiently high clearance, a superstructure was built inside the tunnel to carry the westbound SkyTrain track above the eastbound track. This results in the two stations within the tunnel having a split platform configuration."

"Giannelia said the project team has concluded that a single-bore tunnel would be the most cost-effective and user-friendly design for the route."

I say do it if it's cheaper.

"Giannelia said the project team has concluded that a single-bore tunnel would be the most cost-effective and user-friendly design for the route."

I say do it if it's cheaper.
If it's cheaper and can do the same thing why not right? Also, having the platforms above each other might be easier for building the passenger entrance/exit, as they would only need to be on one side of the station.

Looking at the space in the tube, it definitely is more efficient space-wise to go with the up/down config.
Yeah. Not sure how the trade off would work re:cpted. I imagine each deep station would need a near permanent presence by special constables, with long spiral ramps or staircases and platforms that clear on every train movement. With a dual platform on the same level, you would almost always have some people waiting for the train, with clear visibility to both of the platforms, providing ‘eyes on the street’.

Back