Green Line LRT | ?m | ?s | Calgary Transit

I had no idea part of the Green Line was to be elevated. :cool:

Really? It's been talked about since like the beginning. It's elevated for longer than the West Line is. Must be a very pleasant surprise :)

Hi All,
So $1.5 Billion is NOW (?) being Committed by the Feds for the Green Line. I Might have missed Something but IT was my understanding that the Funds were in Place a
Good While Back by the Libtards, Why Now? Edmonton gets cash for projects so Calgary has to get Something to Make Up? Sounds Like it to Me. My Origional Understanding was that All the Funding was in Place to Cover the WHOLE Green Line from North to South. To Just Cover a Portion and NOT the Whole Project means We Pay More at Higher Costs Later. Just how I feel about this Project due to the Fact they must HAVE KNOWN back then that Funding for the Whole Project Was NOT in
Place so in Theory they Lied to the Taxpayers. Not Good.

Tnx,
Operater,

Hello from Edmonton!

I was just wondering if the green line is close to approval yet?

Hello from Edmonton!

I was just wondering if the green line is close to approval yet?

It was approved like years ago. The final decisions on routing were made a year ago, and all funding was secured last summer. The recent news about the federal funding was mostly just a photo-op for the politicians involved.

It was approved like years ago. The final decisions on routing were made a year ago, and all funding was secured last summer. The recent news about the federal funding was mostly just a photo-op for the politicians involved.
Oh ok so is it under construction or will it be soon?

Soft construction is underway, so like site prep for the entire line, and the hard construction (tunnelling through downtown, track construction) will start in 2020.

Back