Green Line LRT | ?m | ?s | Calgary Transit

Seems fine to me. It makes me wonder if the jog South to 12th ave isn't a bit superfluous now, but I'll take it. Burying under MacLeod was my only criteria for the area. Throw a stamp on it and start building!

Grade separation throughout the core neighbourhoods was my only criteria, and they have exceeded that hope. It looks like it will be separated from any kind of traffic, pedestrian or otherwise, all the way from 16 Avenue to Highfield, if not Lynnwood. From 16 Ave station to Highfield Station is 8 kilometres though, so that's pretty dang awesome! :)

Here are the maps from the latest articles, detailing the route of phase one.

26842-93628.png

27317-95068.jpg

26465-92301.jpg

Last edited:
Shmexy. It is nice to see the plan in place. I hope they don't wait too long after the initial phase to proceed with 28th Ave N, 40th Ave N, Prestwick and Mackenzie Towne.

There are a couple of things that I that I do really like about the Green Line Victoria Park alignment after having had more time to absorb it. I really like that there will be two more C-Train stations in fairly close proximity to the Stampede Grounds and hopefully in the future, the Plan B Arena (wouldn't that be a name sponsor! :p). I also really how close the 4th Street SE station is to the East Village.

Tangentially, I too see some future train line provide more service to the Beltline. One that runs East-West along say 12th or 17th Avenues and one that runs North-South along say 2nd or 4th Streets. I hope I live to see some sort of "Yellow Line" and "Orange Line." Oh and a circle line at about the radius of foothills that....

Best that I save getting carried away on dream-tangents for the Dream Ideas thread.

I hope for that as well. I would love for the Orange Line to be connected to the Green Line at the turn from 2nd on to 12th. Go up to 4th and turn south on 4th to 17th, then west down 17th to Crowchild, surfacing as streetcar past 14th, then elevated (a la Skytrain) down Crowchild to Marda Loop, Currie, and MRU :D That would save us from having to build that proposed streetcar line to MRU from Westbrook and would connect some of the most important nodes of the city to the rapid transit network.

:D :D :D

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Hi Group,
For the Money We are Spending, I admit I would like to See more Bang for Our Bucks etc, 9th Ave Gone! Is that 9th Ave, North of Centre St? 72 Ave., Gone as Well! B
Interested to See Why Really. Wonder What Else Goes Later in Planning - if Anything. Downtown Stops. 7th Ave and What Else?
Tnx,
Operater.

Hi Group,
For the Money We are Spending, I admit I would like to See more Bang for Our Bucks etc, 9th Ave Gone! Is that 9th Ave, North of Centre St? 72 Ave., Gone as Well! B
Interested to See Why Really. Wonder What Else Goes Later in Planning - if Anything. Downtown Stops. 7th Ave and What Else?
Tnx,
Operater.
Initially I was hoping for a station at 9th ave, but the more I think about it, the more I think the city made the right decision. It's too close to 16th to justify the money it would cost to build it.

Hi Group,
So the City MADE a Decision on Monday (June 26th). Haven't Seen a Tuesday's Herald but Would B Interested so Know what They Have said if Anything.
Tnx,
Operater

Back