Votes: 20 44.4%
  • So So

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
First and foremost, The Marriott needs a floor plan that compliments a future plus 15 connection. Does anyone know what is planned for the second floor? Is it lobby retail or part of the conference centre?

Hi Group,

Here is a Question. What are the Chances of this Project getting into the Plus 15 System at some point in time? The only way I see It happening is Via the Place 10 Project
but I'm Not sure of Its Status at the Moment.

Tnx,
Operater.
Because it's in the Beltline, there's no requirement for it, so probably not. I would be happy not to have a +15.

First and foremost, The Marriott needs a floor plan that compliments a future plus 15 connection. Does anyone know what is planned for the second floor? Is it lobby retail or part of the conference centre?

Also over the CPR tracks would require a +30 or +45 connection, so integration with the existing system would be difficult. I am happy if the Beltline remains +15 free. Its a short and nice walk into the core from 10th Avenue along 5th Street.

Also over the CPR tracks would require a +30 or +45 connection, so integration with the existing system would be difficult. I am happy if the Beltline remains +15 free. Its a short and nice walk into the core from 10th Avenue along 5th Street.

Largely free sure, but anything that helps bridge over the train tracks is a win.

A few pics from the Marriott Residence Inn from this morning. A couple of interesting things, another material is being installed, hopefully you can see it okay coming from my cellphone. Also, looking at the second phase, I would say the tower portion is under construction.
IMG_9433.JPG
IMG_9434.JPG
IMG_9435.JPG
IMG_9436.JPG
IMG_9437.JPG
IMG_9438.JPG
IMG_9439.JPG
IMG_9440.JPG
IMG_9442.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_9433.JPG
    IMG_9433.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 332
  • IMG_9434.JPG
    IMG_9434.JPG
    499.8 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_9435.JPG
    IMG_9435.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 285
  • IMG_9436.JPG
    IMG_9436.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 316
  • IMG_9437.JPG
    IMG_9437.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 280
  • IMG_9438.JPG
    IMG_9438.JPG
    732.4 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_9439.JPG
    IMG_9439.JPG
    453.7 KB · Views: 287
  • IMG_9440.JPG
    IMG_9440.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 294
  • IMG_9442.JPG
    IMG_9442.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 308
Precast is interesting. The glass still looks good too. Pleasantly surprised with how this is turning out. The rental is for sure a go now.

Agreed, seems to be turning out better than expected. That pre-cast concrete has kind of 60's 70's throwback look to it. It'll be interesting to see how it looks once more is up.

So the residence is now definitely going ahead, that is freaking awesome. Another massive rental tower on the rise. Insanity. Once this, The Hat, and West Village are done, how many rental units will downtown/beltline have built in the 2010 decade? It's gotta be at least 3000 or so?

It it is turning out better than expected... just wish they swapped out the rust accents with white.

To be honest I don't mind the orange panels. I'm not a big fan of the whole pixelated look but this one is turning out better than some of the other ones have.
It seems like the key is to keep the pixelation amount to a reasonable level.

I never thought I would like the reflectiveness of the glass, but it's growing on me. I'm liking the white accents too, something that wasn't shown well in the renderings.

Hi Group,

I see the Hotel Side is starting to take shape. Give it say 6 months and it will start getting a Positive Feel on the Overall. Its Good that the Rental Tower is starting to get some Shape as well. I figure in about 6 Months We will start getting some Positive Vibes as to how this Tower will look. Hope it Translates into more Dvlpmnts on the
10th Ave Corridor in time.

Tnx,
Operater.

Agreed. This is a big step for 10th ave.
Hi Group,

I see the Hotel Side is starting to take shape. Give it say 6 months and it will start getting a Positive Feel on the Overall. Its Good that the Rental Tower is starting to get some Shape as well. I figure in about 6 Months We will start getting some Positive Vibes as to how this Tower will look. Hope it Translates into more Dvlpmnts on the
10th Ave Corridor in time.

Tnx,
Operater.

Back