News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.7K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

Weather and Gardening Discussion

I don’t know what’s going on other than my garden is loving it.
I could have planted my garden at the beginning of May.
I’m pretty sure I said you could have!!

Wild to see the first heat warning of the year issued the first week of June.

I planted a sunflower in early - mid may and it's about 2' tall already. If the squirrels don't eat it, it should bloom by early July! This is basically a Kelowna spring we are having...

I planted a sunflower in early - mid may and it's about 2' tall already. If the squirrels don't eat it, it should bloom by early July! This is basically a Kelowna spring we are having...
My sunflowers and growing vines are doing great as well - but I struggle with a local squirrel limit. Once any plant hit my yard's fence height the squirrels notice them and start to chop the tops off everything. Last year I had some 9-foot sunflowers just about to bloom and the squirrels took them all down one by one in the final days lol.

My sunflowers and growing vines are doing great as well - but I struggle with a local squirrel limit. Once any plant hit my yard's fence height the squirrels notice them and start to chop the tops off everything. Last year I had some 9-foot sunflowers just about to bloom and the squirrels took them all down one by one in the final days lol.
Time to get into falconry

I've had a real issue with either birds or squirrels...probably birds. I think birds have been digging for worms and were tearing out my squash plants in the process. so far 4 have bitten the dust. Luckily I had a few extras kicking around. I believe the hot dry weather has mean birds need to dig more and this is the result.

Speaking of hot weather. Barely lunchtime and some places passing the 30C mark.

1686248448347.png

I've had a real issue with either birds or squirrels...probably birds. I think birds have been digging for worms and were tearing out my squash plants in the process. so far 4 have bitten the dust. Luckily I had a few extras kicking around. I believe the hot dry weather has mean birds need to dig more and this is the result.

Speaking of hot weather. Barely lunchtime and some places passing the 30C mark.

View attachment 483818
Probably the squirrels digging, they dig little holes all over my area.

Already the 8th smokiest year on record, at LEAST. We probably moved 6th overnight.

Edit: actually yes, it was smoky through 7 am today, making us 6th place at 158 hours. It’s literally not even summer yet 🙃

B501DAEF-5200-460E-838E-C2876434ECAC.jpeg

Back