News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.6K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.7K     0 

Urban Development and Proposals Discussion

The city is looking for a new tenant for historic Fire Hall No. 1.

I personally think it is the most perfect spot for a brew pub (brewery with full service kitchen) probably in the entire city. An amazing opportunity to activate a central location near several hotels, office towers, city hall, and residential towers. On top of that, the space obviously has insaaaane potential for patios on the entire west side and the southeast side facing the intersection. So much potential there.

1200px-Old_Fire_Station_%288033593855%29.jpg

It is more important to broadcast how much fun you are having in the cool new space, than to actually have the fun in the cool new space.
I think that taking a picture for your social media is the main source of fun you can have in this cool new space. I haven't yet been, but as near as I can tell from all photos of the park, you get a somewhat different view (and can be photographed in front of it), and there's some signs pretty clearly designed as instagram backdrops and beyond that... there's some picnic tables. Wheeee.

It's not like they're standing in front of a skate ramp or a climbing wall or artwork or a basketball court and ignoring the rec opportunities to take pictures.

I can't see it being for the underpass being on the south side of the 11th, you have so much usable space on the northside for construction staging. I suspect the landowner is simply cleaning up the site and will be using it as a parking lot for the foreseeable future.
Capture.JPG

Some of the last old single family homes in Victoria Park came down today
In case anyone was wondering. These were not old as in 'heritage' type homes. They looked like they were built in the 30's-40's and were absolute dumps from the outside. I believe there is a couple houses further to the east that are still inhabited, and then of course there is Tony's Auto Service complete with residence that looks out of place now.

Man all that scorched earth land beside the tracks is irritating. I wish it would get some landscaping at least.

Back