4.6K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.7K     0 

Urban Development and Proposals Discussion

Another rendering from RNDSQR's twitter account

View attachment 262264

Very cool. Interested to see if RNDSQR is using this building to gain experience building closer to Net Zero Energy Ready (or Passive House standards) to be ahead of the new NBC. Looks similar to some of the Passive House designs I had previously been working on and that are starting to become more common in Vancouver to respond to the Energy Step Code. Simple box structures with brise soleil's etc. Cool design really looking forward to this.

Also was looking through the photos for the 4 Street Flyover park engagement, is this Abe Lincoln playing chess?
1597073023294.png

I think we are reaching the saturation point for micro breweries and brew pubs, there are dozens now.
Definitely not wrong, however I would say they're almost completely concentrated south of downtown. As someone who lives in the North it would be great to have a brew pub closer to home

Definitely not wrong, however I would say they're almost completely concentrated south of downtown. As someone who lives in the North it would be great to have a brew pub closer to home
Not sure how far north of DT you are, but have you ever tried this company out? I do a maintenance across the street from them and they seem to be quite popular at lunch time.

Not sure how far north of DT you are, but have you ever tried this company out? I do a maintenance across the street from them and they seem to be quite popular at lunch time.
Haha yeah I have, they're great! Best fried chicken I've ever had!

It was proximity to Elite Brewing that got me thinking about brew pubs, but yeah definitely seems to be more of a south Calgary thing, especially with the Barley Belt in Inglewood area.

Another rendering from RNDSQR's twitter account

View attachment 262264

I am really loving the look of the RNDSQR proposal for the 4th Avenue flyover, it is very reminiscent of buildings along Bourbon Street in New Orleans (with a modern touch).

Back