News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.6K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.7K     0 

Urban Development and Proposals Discussion

Inglewood is looking to enhance traffic calming measures. Glad to see they are looking at 8th Ave. I've noticed traffic has gotten really busy on that road recently.

Great to hear. With most of the empty lots in the centre area, it would be nice to see some or all of those lots developed.

I thought this thread would be the best place to mention this. You may have noticed the title under my avatar now reads 'Staff member' As of November 1st I am employed by Skyrisecities as Calgary Editor. I now write articles, look after content, and deal with developers, etc.. for them on a daily basis. I have written articles for them in past on a part time basis, but now it will be daily, as SRC, felt it was better to have a local person look after that side of things.

As far as the forum goes, nothing changes for me as a moderator, everything I do in the forum is on a volunteer basis. The forum needs very little moderating, so it's been easy.

If anyone has any questions regarding the role, please feel free to reach out to me. Also if anyone has any interest in writing articles freelance once in a while, let me know also.

Thanks!

I thought this thread would be the best place to mention this. You may have noticed the title under my avatar now reads 'Staff member' As of November 1st I am employed by Skyrisecities as Calgary Editor. I now write articles, look after content, and deal with developers, etc.. for them on a daily basis. I have written articles for them in past on a part time basis, but now it will be daily, as SRC, felt it was better to have a local person look after that side of things.

As far as the forum goes, nothing changes for me as a moderator, everything I do in the forum is on a volunteer basis. The forum needs very little moderating, so it's been easy.

If anyone has any questions regarding the role, please feel free to reach out to me. Also if anyone has any interest in writing articles freelance once in a while, let me know also.

Thanks!
Congratulations Surrealplaces, you deserve it after all these years!!!

Not sure how increasing wood frame construction to 12 storeys reduces red tape, this government is quite weird! Having 12 storeys in wood is likely a change to allow heavily engineered wood products (Massive glue-lam beams and posts) not to increase the height of a combustible building (wood studs and slightly engineered wood products like I-joists).

I don't know if anybody has seen the renders yet for the new Farmers Market in Greenwich up by Bowfort Rd/Hwy1 area that is undergoing a major redevelopment.
Infact I believe ground has broken to start construction of the new market set to be an anchor piece in that community. Designed by Stantec and was unanimously approved by council during its CPC hearing.
It will have an event space up on the mezzanine level and garage door spillout area for dining and chill shown in the top rendering. Design height for the highest part of the market which is the tower is about 25m.

Is that a new building? Looks like an old train station or something. Not a fan of fake historical architecture, stoked for the second location of the CFM though!

Last edited:
Development permit applications recently filed for two new multi-family residential projects.

1. Pacific Coast Architecture - 523 73 Ave SW - 214 units
The land was/is owned by PBA Developments and I read that townhouses were planned at one time. At 214 units it appears to have changed to a low-rise multi.

2. S2 Architecture - 716 58 Ave SW - 255 units

Anyone know anything more about these?

There's something under construction on the east side of 14th street at about 2nd or 3rd ave. Not a large site, but a construction site nonetheless. Anyone know what they are building there?.

Development permit applications recently filed for two new multi-family residential projects.

1. Pacific Coast Architecture - 523 73 Ave SW - 214 units
The land was/is owned by PBA Developments and I read that townhouses were planned at one time. At 214 units it appears to have changed to a low-rise multi.

2. S2 Architecture - 716 58 Ave SW - 255 units

Anyone know anything more about these?
The S2 Architecture one at 716 - 58th Avenue is by Brava Development Corp, called Chinook Landing:

Back