News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.6K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.7K     0 

Urban Development and Proposals Discussion

Yeah, it's not the belle of the ball that's for sure.

images

I'm all for density replacing that shitty automotive shop but that's straight out of Laval!

The skyline view there is real bad. But I like the massing at least. Hope to go they don't allow 20 storeys right on the riverbank. 4 storeys is perfect.

Lets hope they activate street retail frontage all along 11th ave and where ever else they can. That will help drive foot traffic throughout the day into the night. Sort of like Robson street(Van), Granville(Van), Saint Catherines(Montreal), etc. If you just build a bunch of condos with unit entrances leading up with stairs then thats not an incentive for people to walk down that street scape.

When I envision the Entertainment district, its gotta be the most vibrant part of our city where ever space is used to its maximum potential, similar to central areas in big cities across Europe and Asia.

Not exactly an urban development, but this project is at the sales stage on the large land parcel to the south of Quarry Park at 18th and 24th St SE:

Based on the name, seems to follow the QP French Colonial theme ?. When I left Calgary in 2001, that parcel was owned by Telsec, the same company that developed the Douglasdale Business Park, and was zoned for warehouse. I believe the same site had a condo proposal around 2006-2007 so it has been in limbo for a long time.
The DP for this one is in:

That would be pretty awesome. If this goes ahead, we could see 4 towers on that intersection going up simultaneously. The only corner that doesn't have an active proposal is the SW corner, and it already has a substantial building on it.

Back