News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.7K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.6K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

Urban Development and Proposals Discussion

I’ve watched the slow progress on the Barrons Building reno and it seems to be going at a painful pace. Wonder if that one would have been faster to start from scratch?

Saw this at the NE corner of 33 Ave and 16 St SW, same block as Coco.

148F4341-3D5A-47E9-AB3B-954305D9F9C8.jpeg

Interesting, Sarina developments again. They want to increase from 10m meters to 20m, and it's three parcels with one being a corner lot, same as Avenue 33 and Harrison so I'm guessing, it'll be something similar to Avenue 33 or Harrison.

Last edited:
Looks like a new DP at the NE corner of 10th Ave and 14th Street SW. I think this is the 3rd iteration of a project now on this site, the first being two 60 storey towers, then an 8 storey mixed use one, and now this DP. Description is lacking, but one can assume residential over retail. No idea how many or what size though:
The addresses (1334 & 1400 10 Ave SW) appear to be for that entire property but for sure the description in the DP application is underwhelming. Going back 10 years and more, it was going to be developed by Renoir Management under the name Lausanne Montreaux

The applicant, Rick Balbi Architect is not known for big projects either.

Wow, Lausanne and Montreaux. That brings back some memories lol. I thought there was another DP submitted for that location a few back, for a shorter development that looked more like Metropolitan? or was it for the lot beside it? I can't remember now.

Edit: Found the other design that was from a more recent DP. This was from 2013. I'm guessing the new DP is a new design, let's hope it's better than the last one.
9575222709_c4b242485d_z.jpg
9578016562_066788c32a.jpg

Last edited:
I don’t like the colours, and I’m betting the materials aren’t great. The mixed use form is a good upgrade from what’s there.
Wow, Lausanne and Montreaux. That brings back some memories lol. I thought there was another DP submitted for that location a few back, for a shorter development that looked more like Metropolitan? or was it for the lot beside it? I can't remember now.

Edit: Found the other design that was from a more recent DP. This was from 2013. I'm guessing the new DP is a new design, let's hope it's better than the last one.
View attachment 211974View attachment 211975

View attachment 211975

The new DP calls for (80) dwelling units so it could be this plan. Anyone know the difference is between a Dwelling Unit classification and a Multi-Family Development? The City of Calgary uses both to describe the same thing.

Another MF project for Cliff Bungalow/Mission. A DP application for 2300 5 St SW calls for a 35 unit rental development. I have since found out the project is called The Beverly and the developer is M2SC Realty Corp

They've already demo'd the older home on the lot there.

images

I'm all for density replacing that shitty automotive shop but that's straight out of Laval!

There is some more density planned around Heritage LRT Station. This DP at 8610 Horton Rd SW, for an assisted living facility:
Can't find anything online, but there is a rendering on the DP sign, pretty substantial tower:
View attachment 210369

Back