IMG_8839.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_8828.JPG
    IMG_8828.JPG
    245.8 KB · Views: 435
  • IMG_8839.JPG
    IMG_8839.JPG
    235.7 KB · Views: 489
should be quite nice in a few years as the trees/gardens mature. while i was there i was wondering does that helipad actually ever get used?

lack of retail ammenities a glaring ommision on this end of the pathway, maybe its meant to channel everyone to kensington. seems like everything is riding on what the eau claire market redevelopment does with respect to bars/restaurants. fingers crossed.

should be quite nice in a few years as the trees/gardens mature. while i was there i was wondering does that helipad actually ever get used?
It is used but not too often. During the lead up to the last Olympics apparently it was used quite often. The city investigated alternatives in the early 90s, and it found that there were no better locations.

It is used but not too often. During the lead up to the last Olympics apparently it was used quite often. The city investigated alternatives in the early 90s, and it found that there were no better locations.
In an eventual removal, I would support a retail development on the helipad for a cafe and large sun patio. Essentially what I want is a Englischer Garten beer garden of Munich or one of those lovely cafes along the the Rideau Canal in Ottawa. Wouldn't even need the whole helipad area, just a half of it (~15,000 sqft), keep it low profile 1 storey to protect the sun and not impose on the delta garden too much.

Location would be sooo killer.

In an eventual removal, I would support a retail development on the helipad for a cafe and large sun patio. Essentially what I want is a Englischer Garten beer garden of Munich or one of those lovely cafes along the the Rideau Canal in Ottawa. Wouldn't even need the whole helipad area, just a half of it (~15,000 sqft), keep it low profile 1 storey to protect the sun and not impose on the delta garden too much.

Location would be sooo killer.

Yes 100% - this would be perfect. Can you send this to Druh Farrell/Nenshi?

Noticed this building was undergoing reno's, looks like Strategic's converting to residential along with their Barron Building project. Pretty meh, but more residential across from the under construction 11th + 11th project - this areas becoming another solid residential cluster. Would love to see Cidex get started on the former Atco site along 11th ave, or for Cressey to launch their project on 12th Ave. Most of the Beltline south of say 13 ave is actually quite dense and developed with midrise/highrise. Much rather see more vacant land/underutilized sites between 10 and 12th ave developed which appears to be an increasing trend.

upload_2018-9-27_15-53-22.png

https://strategicgroup.ca/new-developments/

Attachments

• upload_2018-9-27_15-53-22.png
    upload_2018-9-27_15-53-22.png
    327.1 KB · Views: 973
Yes 100% - this would be perfect. Can you send this to Druh Farrell/Nenshi?

Good idea. Will do.

Noticed this building was undergoing reno's, looks like Strategic's converting to residential along with their Barron Building project. Pretty meh, but more residential across from the under construction 11th + 11th project - this areas becoming another solid residential cluster. Would love to see Cidex get started on the former Atco site along 11th ave, or for Cressey to launch their project on 12th Ave. Most of the Beltline south of say 13 ave is actually quite dense and developed with midrise/highrise. Much rather see more vacant land/underutilized sites between 10 and 12th ave developed which appears to be an increasing trend.

View attachment 158452

https://strategicgroup.ca/new-developments/

Awesome news. Unlike east Beltine with its huge group of new iconic towers and much-discussed potential (but always a long way to go given how effectively razed the area has been of all things urban or livable for decades by the city, stampede and politicians), west Beltline has quietly been a highly functioning, highly serviced urban community for decades that is only growing stronger with each new development. Why wait for an urban lifestyle to develop in East Village over the next decade or two when you can move somewhere it already exists like west Beltline? Already has a great grocery store. And a Safeway if you want a bad one ;)

I heard something on the radio about a major residential development for 17 Ave sw to be revealed! I think it was from CTV News...anyone knows anything about which development?
Thank you.

I heard something on the radio about a major residential development for 17 Ave sw to be revealed! I think it was from CTV News...anyone knows anything about which development?
Thank you.
Never mind...they were talking about the Fifth by Arlington street...our mainstream news are behind these days!

Back