News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.7K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.6K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

Urban Development and Proposals Discussion

Yeah, I definitely see it overtaking Panorama by, probably, the next federal census?

I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but I would say the population increase will be about 200 to 300 people. Even though new suites of come online and residents have been added I know that some of the other existing buildings such as Keynote have have more empty suites and have lost some people over the last year or two.

The first census of a community in the Calgary Region is out; Cochrane grew by 1,198 people over the past year. Quite remarkable. Hopefully this bodes well for the Calgary CMA :)

I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but I would say the population increase will be about 200 to 300 people. Even though new suites of come online and residents have been added I know that some of the other existing buildings such as Keynote have have more empty suites and have lost some people over the last year or two.
It'll be interesting to see the numbers after the dust settles, but even it is only 200 people, it's still nice to see growth, and IMO the most important thing is the increase in the number of dwellings. Vacancy rates will go up and down, but as long as the number of dwellings goes the population will also go up over the long term.

Actually it's at 26,320, but still very solid! You're extrapolating from the federal census, but you should compare apples to apples and use the previous municipal census. :)

Also! The Lethbridge census is out and those feisty buggers just grew by almost 1400 over the past year to reach 98 198! By 2019 Alberta will have our fourth city with a population over 100 000! :D

As the nicest burb, I'm surprised it's not larger. My fiancee and I were heavily considering moving there at one point, and it's still a possibility. The problem is that the infrastructure still think's it's around 12-15K.

1,400 is a lot for just one suburb, I bet growth will be back to half decent for the city/area then.

Yeah, I'd imagine the municipal censuses are quite a bit more accurate, as the federal census has a widely accepted and admitted undercount, especially apparent in high-growth jurisdictions like Alberta and the Golden Horseshoe.

Back