News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.7K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.6K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

Urban Development and Proposals Discussion

I wonder if any of the Eau Claire B Lands, and their 1100 units, will break ground at all. I get the sense that project is dead, but I also thought that about West Village Towers, so who knows.

Also the two Torode projects completed

Mission 48 units
Inglewood (if you consider this core) 48 units

There are half a dozen others that are planned as rental projects and are just awaiting the green light.

I really hope that project happens in one form or another. As long as it's not another office tower complex on those blocks I'll be happy.
If the project was planned as condominiums, you're probably right about it being dead.

The project is planned as (5) rental buildings+ hotel. Internal issues at GWL Realty have put this project on the back burner

Also the two Torode projects completed

Mission 48 units
Inglewood (if you consider this core) 48 units

There are half a dozen others that are planned as rental projects and are just awaiting the green light.
There are a few over in the east part of the Beltline. Bentall's Portfolio phases, the Gablecraft project, and Strategic's ONE... also the Oxford/Wexford proposal. Those four projects are 8 towers, and all rental. That's a good amount of rental units, if they get built.

Portfolio and The Eau Claire B lands are both owned by BCIMC. That's a lot of units to build in a short time. Oh boy, Strategic. It would be nice.

It would be nice to have anything done with Strategic's project. even a two level retail plaza would be great.
Anything, that's been a hole in the ground for 10 years now! I hope the concrete they poured in there will be ok, just been sitting there exposed to the elements for 5 or 6 years easy, and they didn't even protect the rebar, it's just exposed to the elements.

I wonder if any of the Eau Claire B Lands, and their 1100 units, will break ground at all. I get the sense that project is dead, but I also thought that about West Village Towers, so who knows.

Just received an update from the general contractor. The project is on indefinite hold until there are clear signs that of market recovery. Everyone is aware of the amount of condo/apartment inventory that is still unabsorbed.

Just received an update from the general contractor. The project is on indefinite hold until there are clear signs that of market recovery. Everyone is aware of the amount of condo/apartment inventory that is still unabsorbed.
Not too surprising I guess. Thanks for the update.

That's too bad, I was hoping to see those blocks get filled up. I imagine they will eventually just a matter of time.

Don't forget a good number of units have been filled in Versus as well! That project alone should increase the population numbers significantly.

I'm hoping for 1000 but 500 is much more realistic :p

Back