News   Oct 15, 2019
 168     0 
News   Oct 15, 2019
 89     0 

Urban Development and Proposals Discussion

haltcatchfire

Member Bio
Reaction score
I think all of the Beakerhead installations are together on the island this year on Saturday, so maybe they are taking it down to move it there. Which would be odd to put it up there in the first place.

Surrealplaces

Member Bio
Reaction score
From the file manager:

The proposal is for a six storey (25 metre) multi-residential building (25 units) with retail at the ground level. The proposed building is on the west half of the property, adjacent to the President building.
I emailed him too. He's probably wondering what the attraction is for this project lol.

Zoom

Member Bio
Reaction score
I'm okay with this. I'm fine that they're leaving the President, which is older cheaper housing stock and adding a building to fill in the empty parking lot. Also having the retail is a nice little bonus.
From the file manager:

The proposal is for a six storey (25 metre) multi-residential building (25 units) with retail at the ground level. The proposed building is on the west half of the property, adjacent to the President building.

Silence&Motion

Member Bio
Reaction score
From the file manager:

Sounds great! I'd love to see more mixed-use, mid-rise buildings in the beltline that fill in some of the gaps between existing buildings. Also good to hear about more retail along 12 Ave.