News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.7K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

General Construction Updates

Road work on 17th Ave., Southwest. Does anyone know what they are doing there?
DFE80151-61F3-4E36-B402-A36B4977F0BD.jpeg

Here’s some exciting news: The District, a new development that will feature a food hall and several restaurants and events spaces at the base of a trio of office buildings that take up the 200th block between 11th and 12th Avenue S.W. is still in construction, but the developers have confirmed many of the tenants that will hopefully start to open their doors in the late summer and early fall. The dining hall itself will feature quick service kiosks from notable local chefs like Duncan Ly (Foreign Concept), Darren MacLean (Nupo, Shokunin) and Adam Ryan (The Coup), but there will also be a number of proper sit-down restaurants, including a still-to-be-announced concept in the main “market shed” from Craft Beer Market’s P.J. L’Heureux, a new micro-brewery, and other delicious things.

Many locals were saddened when Workshop Kitchen + Culture announced that it would be moving out of the Grand Theatre earlier this year, but it’s now been revealed that chef Kenny Kaechele will be launching a new restaurant in The District called Kama. The new place will be a 120-seat restaurant (with an ample patio) with a bustling open kitchen and a menu full of “modern rustic Mediterranean” cuisine, drawing influence from both Europe and the Middle East. It’s definitely something to look forward to in the fall.

Having been by The District a couple times now, it doesn't strike me as a dramatic improvement over what was there before as far as being more inviting so hopefully they allow really active retail fronts to help liven it up.

Sorry for the crappy phone pics, does anyone know what this is under construction in the south east?

View attachment 330486View attachment 330487
I saw this up close last week. It’s a a cold storage warehouse between Peigan Trail and 50 ave SE east of Barlow. It looks like a massive racking system they’re installing fir a future building. The crane is on tracks so it can go down the length of the building. Be cool to see some concepts/drawings of what it will look like completed

I saw this up close last week. It’s a a cold storage warehouse between Peigan Trail and 50 ave SE east of Barlow. It looks like a massive racking system they’re installing fir a future building. The crane is on tracks so it can go down the length of the building. Be cool to see some concepts/drawings of what it will look like completed
Thanks!

The windows fold open, looks like it could be a pretty cool space once activated.

E8FE95EF-D9F1-49F7-A115-A9F59932C1D7.jpeg
A665CBC2-6396-4CD3-AC0A-C7F5FD604A57.jpeg
34BD0C5A-13DB-422C-A46A-FC0CA0216DBB.jpeg

Sorry for the crappy phone pics, does anyone know what this is under construction in the south east?
I was closeby so I went over for a couple of pics
IMG_0828.jpg

IMG_0840.jpg
IMG_0866-HDR.jpg

Last edited:

Back