News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.7K     0 

General Construction Updates

Bowness Road development

99BB203A-880B-49B6-BF5B-700ED63032EF.jpeg
D663C1B7-F344-478D-88B6-39BD08EE550F.jpeg

That site is big enough to accomidate several big box stores. I can't find any site plan online.
It doesn't look like the DP is approved yet (says it is still under review):

Not sure if this will go to planning commission or not. If it does, there will be a site plan there. I know it went to UDRP a while ago, not sure what the hold up is.

Annoying to see it take so long, but that happens and at least it's being resolved. Interesting that someone from the Ramsay community association says this:
"It's ridiculous. We have no way to get to Inglewood, except one connection point only at this point."
As if there isn't a functioning vehicle bypass bridge and brand new pedestrian bridge 100m north of this.

Annoying to see it take so long, but that happens and at least it's being resolved. Interesting that someone from the Ramsay community association says this:

As if there isn't a functioning vehicle bypass bridge and brand new pedestrian bridge 100m north of this.
I think what they might be referring (but not made clear in the article) to is the closure of 8th Street SE and the river pathway connections from Ramsay north to Inglewood. It's a fairly big detour because both pathways were severed on the east and west banks of the Elbow. There is only one remaining crossing at the 11 Street SE underpass.

However the problem is not resolved with the Inglewood bridge being completed so kind of an irrelevant point in this article. CP is twinning it's rail bridge here (if they haven't done that already) and the future Greenline bridge will likely close any pathway connection to the north for close to the next decade or so.

Back