News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.6K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.4K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.6K     0 

General Construction Updates

Yes both are atrocious. The Zen townhomes will be obscured with time by other developments but unfortunately the Cedarglen monster backs onto future park space. The easy trim and colours make it almost as bad as Torode's Inglewood abortion. It takes up a full block too.

I also like Westman Village, Jayman has done a good job on it so far.

Seton, the CedarGlen Living building is tragic, and the Zen townhomes that just finished i actually thought were vinyl sided industrial condo bays, alas i was incorrect.
CedarGlen proposed elevations:
View attachment 194353

CedarGlen finishes and planting:
View attachment 194352

Zen Townhomes:
View attachment 194351

this is coming along so figured id pull over and take a couple pics, macleod trail and 53rd ave. also it appears there is a foundation built for a 7th tower on 52nd ave. this has to the stealthiest density i can think of. if it had an lrt station it would prob be the biggest tod in the city.

0D65D9A3-6056-477F-B792-703875C4D89C.jpeg
CD3D6378-26BF-494F-B7BA-B5B2FF02029B.jpeg
6BFD645A-E15C-464A-8321-1E87DC091B17.jpeg
63A146B0-E492-409A-9073-0CEF65AA0DA0.jpeg

I had a look at while in Calgary. Has anyone lived in a place with exposed concrete flooring and ceilings? Do they hold stains? Like grease in the kitchen or front entrance dirt? Does the sound bounce to much? Does the surface hold up? It’s not like it can be changed out like typical flooring. I’ve seen it done pretty bad in 6th and Tenth. Rough surfaces and multiple shades. Is it popular? A turn off? Advantage?

According to this article, a new office building is under construction down in Shepard, near the future Greenline station:

While it is nice to see new construction and buildings going up, I am shocked anyone is building a new office building, given that huge amounts of vacant space in this city.

According to this article, a new office building is under construction down in Shepard, near the future Greenline station:
View attachment 196241

While it is nice to see new construction and buildings going up, I am shocked anyone is building a new office building, given that huge amounts of vacant space in this city.

I wonder would this be the site that has sat half finished the last few years with the elevator shafts?

I wonder would this be the site that has sat half finished the last few years with the elevator shafts?

That is the Remington Quarry Crossing II site:

This would be adjacent to the Canadian Tire at 130th and Deerfoot. Also adjacent to the proposed Green Line storage and maintenance facility:

CANA has actively marketed the development since the late 90's. The original name was "Shepard Regional Centre".

Last edited:
View attachment 196241

The economics are somewhat different for CANA as it is all of land owner, developer and constructor. It likely has idle construction equipment and staff. I can think of a couple of parallels:
-Remington built what is now called the "Remington Building" in QP during the financial crisis. It had already sunk costs into servicing QP and had idle construction capacity. Remington itself was the lead tenant
-Fluor built its office in the Sundance park during the oil bust of 98-99. It owned the land, planned to be the developer of the business park and had in-house design and project management

All that being said, CANA must have offered a great deal for PBS to relocate from its current Telsec owned building in the Douglas Glen office park. PBS likely could have scored free space in Quarry Park on a long term lease. CANA must have offered something better. PBS likely could have scored free space downtown. Quarry Park has lost a few tenants on lease renewals. Avanti Software relocated to Palliser South in the Beltline.

Last edited:
That is the Remington Quarry Crossing II site:

This would be adjacent to the Canadian Tire at 130th and Deerfoot. Also adjacent to the proposed Green Line storage and maintenance facility:

CANA has actively marketed the development since the late 90's. The original name was "Shepard Regional Centre".

Oh that lot right off Deerfoot at the Entrance to 130th! The caffeine must not have kicked in yet this morning as I read Quarry Park for some reason. I noticed equipment on site the last few weeks. They're actually digging right now. Don't tell that to those opposing the SE Greenline though. It's strictly a maintenance shed and tumble weeds at Shepard. Glad to see it finally get some form of development. Will be a bitch getting in or out of there though.

Last edited:
Oh that lot right off Deerfoot at the Entrance to 130th! The caffeine must not have kicked in yet this morning as I read Quarry Park for some reason. I noticed equipment on site the last few weeks. They're actually digging right now. Don't tell that to those opposing the SE Greenline though. It's strictly a maintenance shed and tumble weeds at Shepard. Glad to see it finally get some form of development. Will be a bitch getting in or out of there though.

I read it the same way, no idea why

Back