News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.6K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.4K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.6K     0 

General Construction Updates

Does anyone know what’s happening at the corner of 24th Avenue and 5th Street SW? They are demoing a small building and 2 houses right now.

Bannerman Block:
20190706_163102.jpg

I thought we had a thread for this already but I could not find it.
This project is moving forward finally. After two years of selling, they must have hit their minimum for financing.
Lear Construction is the G.C.

Good to hear. Design isn’t great, but it’ll be nice to have that fenced off area developed finally.
I thought we had a thread for this already but I could not find it.
This project is moving forward finally. After two years of selling, they must have hit their minimum for financing.
Lear Construction is the G.C.

Yeah, it's quite unattractive.

Does anyone know when the first mixed use phase in Seton will be moving forward? So far Westman Village is kicking Seton's ass in terms of urban design and retail options. The new Diner Deluxe and Analog there have been transformative for the area. So far Seton has had generic, subpar restaurants and is basically just a big box power centre. Watching the updated fly through video of the district on their website it looks like they've increased the amount of office space by the Superstore and are treating Seton Way like a version of Macleod Trail with a sea of parking adjacent to it.

Agree about Westman Village. It's a nice little development they've got going. The Seton area seems dysfunctional and disconnected. I'm not sure how it's all going to comer together.

I'd like to see another version of Westman Village along the Bow in West Village someday.
Does anyone know when the first mixed use phase in Seton will be moving forward? So far Westman Village is kicking Seton's ass in terms of urban design and retail options. The new Diner Deluxe and Analog there have been transformative for the area. So far Seton has had generic, subpar restaurants and is basically just a big box power centre. Watching the updated fly through video of the district on their website it looks like they've increased the amount of office space by the Superstore and are treating Seton Way like a version of Macleod Trail with a sea of parking adjacent to it.

Agree about Westman Village. It's a nice little development they've got going. The Seton area seems dysfunctional and disconnected. I'm not sure how it's all going to comer together.

I'd like to see another version of Westman Village along the Bow in West Village someday.

I also like Westman Village, Jayman has done a good job on it so far.

Seton, the CedarGlen Living building is tragic, and the Zen townhomes that just finished i actually thought were vinyl sided industrial condo bays, alas i was incorrect.
CedarGlen proposed elevations:

CedarGlen finishes and planting:

Zen Townhomes:
zen.PNG

Last edited:

Back