General Construction Updates

UrbanWarrior

Member Bio
Reaction score
Yeah, it's quite unattractive.

O-tac

Member Bio
Reaction score
Does anyone know when the first mixed use phase in Seton will be moving forward? So far Westman Village is kicking Seton's ass in terms of urban design and retail options. The new Diner Deluxe and Analog there have been transformative for the area. So far Seton has had generic, subpar restaurants and is basically just a big box power centre. Watching the updated fly through video of the district on their website it looks like they've increased the amount of office space by the Superstore and are treating Seton Way like a version of Macleod Trail with a sea of parking adjacent to it.

Surrealplaces

Member Bio
Reaction score
Agree about Westman Village. It's a nice little development they've got going. The Seton area seems dysfunctional and disconnected. I'm not sure how it's all going to comer together.

I'd like to see another version of Westman Village along the Bow in West Village someday.
Does anyone know when the first mixed use phase in Seton will be moving forward? So far Westman Village is kicking Seton's ass in terms of urban design and retail options. The new Diner Deluxe and Analog there have been transformative for the area. So far Seton has had generic, subpar restaurants and is basically just a big box power centre. Watching the updated fly through video of the district on their website it looks like they've increased the amount of office space by the Superstore and are treating Seton Way like a version of Macleod Trail with a sea of parking adjacent to it.

Calgcouver

Member Bio
Reaction score
Agree about Westman Village. It's a nice little development they've got going. The Seton area seems dysfunctional and disconnected. I'm not sure how it's all going to comer together.

I'd like to see another version of Westman Village along the Bow in West Village someday.
I also like Westman Village, Jayman has done a good job on it so far.

Seton, the CedarGlen Living building is tragic, and the Zen townhomes that just finished i actually thought were vinyl sided industrial condo bays, alas i was incorrect.
CedarGlen proposed elevations:

CedarGlen finishes and planting:

Zen Townhomes:
zen.PNG

Last edited:

haltcatchfire

Member Bio
Reaction score

O-tac

Member Bio
Reaction score
Yes both are atrocious. The Zen townhomes will be obscured with time by other developments but unfortunately the Cedarglen monster backs onto future park space. The easy trim and colours make it almost as bad as Torode's Inglewood abortion. It takes up a full block too.

I also like Westman Village, Jayman has done a good job on it so far.

Seton, the CedarGlen Living building is tragic, and the Zen townhomes that just finished i actually thought were vinyl sided industrial condo bays, alas i was incorrect.
CedarGlen proposed elevations:
View attachment 194353

CedarGlen finishes and planting:
View attachment 194352

Zen Townhomes:
View attachment 194351

Member Bio
Reaction score
this is coming along so figured id pull over and take a couple pics, macleod trail and 53rd ave. also it appears there is a foundation built for a 7th tower on 52nd ave. this has to the stealthiest density i can think of. if it had an lrt station it would prob be the biggest tod in the city.

0D65D9A3-6056-477F-B792-703875C4D89C.jpeg
CD3D6378-26BF-494F-B7BA-B5B2FF02029B.jpeg
6BFD645A-E15C-464A-8321-1E87DC091B17.jpeg
63A146B0-E492-409A-9073-0CEF65AA0DA0.jpeg

Sky of Blue

Member Bio
Reaction score
I had a look at while in Calgary. Has anyone lived in a place with exposed concrete flooring and ceilings? Do they hold stains? Like grease in the kitchen or front entrance dirt? Does the sound bounce to much? Does the surface hold up? It’s not like it can be changed out like typical flooring. I’ve seen it done pretty bad in 6th and Tenth. Rough surfaces and multiple shades. Is it popular? A turn off? Advantage?