News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.6K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.7K     0 

General Construction Updates

Here’s something related to construction materials. I’m noticing the metal panelling on Vantage Pointe and how some panelling is wearing poorly, but others aren’t. I wonder if anyone in the construction industry has any thoughts on this?

The copper colored paneling is Alucobond, which is a solid brand. Not sure what the other panels are made from, but they don't seem to be standing the test of time.

Should check back once it isn’t below zero. Could be poor insulation leaving temporary shading?

Vantage Pointe is 15 years old. It is not a new building. The window wall has held up. I've seen younger buildings with rust forming in the corners of the painted metal panels. The orange panels are aluminum and capless. There are fewer places for water to sit. The sun has bleached them to a duller orange.

A bit of paint is all it needs.

The window wall is just stained from water running over it, would probably be fine if it was cleaned. The copper probably just hides it better too.

Was working on 9th ave @ 9st Sw today and noticed the surface parking lot on the south side of 9th has been blocked off. There were a few dump trucks in there being loaded up with snow. Anyone know what might be going on ?

Probably hauling away snow.

Hmmmm, that's a really big lot for something major to be happening on it without any previous mention on this forum though.

Back