News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.6K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.7K     0 

General Construction Updates

Noticed that there's more activity happening at the Model Milk location, the old republik/detours space. Looks like work on the roofing but not sure if there's actually anything happening with that section of the building or space. Would love to see that part used again. Anyone know if there's a plan for this space?

This might be the slowest build ever, beating out The Windsor. I posted a pic of this two years ago, and it was already framed and topped out. Exterior is finished but they still don't have occupancy.

View attachment 175751
Well here's a side by side comparison of the two. Though the fact that now there's only one store rather than 3 isn't great, the design of the building itself definitely improved in my opinion though I think rather than putthing the black wooden panel where the sign is, I feel like they should've gone with one of those old style fabric overhangs. It would definitely match the new color much better. Overall, in my eyes the loss isn't in the design itself but in the fact that they've significantly reduced the diversity of shops now.

Barry's Bootcamp is also opening in the basement of the building, so with the addition of the Lululemon and Barry's, it should really bring a lot of activity to this block. Also note that the building is being developed by Jim Mitchell and his wife, Nam Dang Mitchell, who is well known in the design community. They also worked on the Meat & Bread location in the Grain Exchange Building, so I trust we're in good hands with this development.

Calgary Herald Source

It's a restoration and will be a new Lululemon location and studio. See website.

HighresScreenshot00015.jpg

roots already left the corner of 17th and 4th. now lululemon. wonder whats in store for the building.

also i prefer 3 retail bays but thats “progress” i suppose

fwiw this is the back of the building

Last edited:
Was working on 9th ave @ 9st Sw today and noticed the surface parking lot on the south side of 9th has been blocked off. There were a few dump trucks in there being loaded up with snow. Anyone know what might be going on ?
The site has been fenced off with a chain link fence and the old parking pay building torn down. Somerville is working inside now. They are a big pipeline company. So the Enmax project seems very plosible

drove by there today. a couple small backhoes and an enmax truck were onsight and as GG mentioned the perimiter is being fenced off.

Back