News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.6K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.7K     0 

General Construction Updates

The "My Property" map doesn't list any DPs or BPs on it, yet the Building Permit (BP) icon appears on the property..

Very intriguing!

"The following shall be Permitted Uses:
  • Ancillary commercial uses
  • Essential public services
  • Parks and playgrounds
  • Utilities "

But guess what the project is, it is REALLY BORING :). The site for crossing the CPR with an underground transmission line, and directional drilling on 9th Street. Probably a staging lot for much of the project as well.

Was walking by the old "crickets" space in mission today and saw that there was some sort of construction equipment on the backside of it and that part of the building is fenced off with construction fencing now. Anyone know if this is finally a go? and if there is a render for what they're developing?

Was walking by the old "crickets" space in mission today and saw that there was some sort of construction equipment on the backside of it and that part of the building is fenced off with construction fencing now. Anyone know if this is finally a go? and if there is a render for what they're developing?

Great username!

It's a restoration and will be a new Lululemon location and studio. See website.

HighresScreenshot00015.jpg

"The following shall be Permitted Uses:
  • Ancillary commercial uses
  • Essential public services
  • Parks and playgrounds
  • Utilities "

But guess what the project is, it is REALLY BORING :). The site for crossing the CPR with an underground transmission line, and directional drilling on 9th Street. Probably a staging lot for much of the project as well.

Maybe this means the decom substation on Mission Road will be dealt with finally. Not sure what I would like to go in there.

I liked it the way it was. The businesses in the building suited it and added some character, while Lululemon is easily suitable to a modern building IMO. This remoinds me of the Devonian Garden 'upgrade'.

Well here's a side by side comparison of the two. Though the fact that now there's only one store rather than 3 isn't great, the design of the building itself definitely improved in my opinion though I think rather than putthing the black wooden panel where the sign is, I feel like they should've gone with one of those old style fabric overhangs. It would definitely match the new color much better. Overall, in my eyes the loss isn't in the design itself but in the fact that they've significantly reduced the diversity of shops now.

The condition of Downtown/Beltline retail in general has become concerning. The building where Lululemon and Roots shared a location has also had Roots close its door citing high taxes under the City. You sort of want retailers like that coming into the area rather than existing especially with all the upgrades on 17th ave to make it a "high street." Im going to assume a couple of these shops where Lululemon is relocating just needed an excuse to leave the area and relocate.

Back