News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.6K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.7K     0 

General Construction Updates

Not sure if this has been posted yet...proposal for what I suppose is towards the edge of Mission - though the surrounding context would leave it being pretty much on what presents as an island.

https://nestyyc.ca/

And now back to some good old construction talk......why? because I can :cool:

Good to hear that they might be starting soon, I assumed that without a sale centre even opened yet, that it would be a while.
I think it's in for DP, and BP drawings are going to start very soon! I have an inside line on this one...

Reactions: AJX
Does anyone know what the status is of that empty lot between 1st and 2nd street along 17th Ave? Since they bulldozed the old houses it's sat vacant for years. Hopefully any future plans replace that depressing funeral home.

They are doing some work there, think it's staging for the utility upgrades on 17th as there is lots of pipe and a massive pile of dirt.

Someone earlier had mentioned that the facade material on this project wasn't aging well, and I took a few pics of it the other day. I can't tell if some of the pieces were intentionally a different tone, or if some are faded from being older. I have no idea what kind of material this is, but I hope developers take a closer look at it if planning to use in the future.

IMG_6919.JPG

This angle looks like the sun has faded the west side over time compared to the north side.
IMG_6919a.JPG

IMG_6920.JPG
IMG_6921.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6919.JPG
    IMG_6919.JPG
    187.3 KB · Views: 601
  • IMG_6920.JPG
    IMG_6920.JPG
    255.8 KB · Views: 584
  • IMG_6921.JPG
    IMG_6921.JPG
    194.9 KB · Views: 577
  • IMG_6919a.JPG
    IMG_6919a.JPG
    179.8 KB · Views: 634
Someone earlier had mentioned that the facade material on this project wasn't aging well, and I took a few pics of it the other day. I can't tell if some of the pieces were intentionally a different tone, or if some are faded from being older. I have no idea what kind of material this is, but I hope developers take a closer look at it if planning to use in the future.

View attachment 151555

This angle looks like the sun has faded the west side over time compared to the north side.
View attachment 151561
View attachment 151556 View attachment 151557
That is sure a very ugly building. Would look much nicer with different color exterior such as brick, stone, and stucco.

Back