News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.7K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.6K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

General Construction Updates

Friend of mine got to take a tour of that massive home under construction on Crescent Road and 4th Street NW yesterday. Some facts:

-18,000sf (this most likely includes the basement level)
-Detached garage in the back is connected underground via the basement level, also has a garage on the main house
-Swimming pool inside
-Theatre room, golf simulator room, craft room
-The glass is apparently something like 'oven rated' for heat resistance
- 3" marble imported from Italy for exterior use
-Copper piping

The cost for the build may be around 30 million.

Friend of mine got to take a tour of that massive home under construction on Crescent Road and 4th Street NW yesterday. Some facts:

-Detached garage in the back is connected underground via the basement level, also has a garage on the main house
-Swimming pool inside
-Copper piping

I wonder who the owner is!
It would not cost 30 million. Maybe 6 million.

I dunno, apparently the owners (I have a name but will not share to respect privacy) have no problem with completely re-doing entire parts of the plan. Totally going Jurassic Park and "sparing no expense". So maybe not as high as that 30 million number that was mentioned, but I could see it pushing towards that $1000/sf mark.

The marble slabs for exterior use would cost a fortune for the material and the labour to install it. Specialized glass windows would be way up there too.

Parkade expansion at Children's Hospital

IMG_2984.JPG

Maybe its heresy to say this for a heritage building, but I can't help but think how the Barron building would look great if the brick were painted white.
Same with the Fina building. It has that same colored brick and I've wondered if it would look better white.

-Swimming pool inside
-Copper piping

Thanks for the info. We walk past there all the time and were wondering about the details.

Maybe its heresy to say this for a heritage building, but I can't help but think how the Barron building would look great if the brick were painted white.
I usually hate the idea of painting brick - but in the case of the Barron Building I agree as the existing is uuuugly.
Always thought this was an ugly building, I hope the current renos help.

Back