News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.7K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.6K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

General Construction Updates

People aren't going to go to Balzac for a chinese dollar store/Walmart. TBH it was stupid to build a concept like this in the middle of nowhere without anything tangible to draw people in. Would've been fine if they actually built it in Calgary i think, especially if it was transit accessible.

Would have loved to see this mall (maybe a bit smaller) on 17 Ave SE at 52 ST

Penn west bridge from above:

Can’t remember what was going to be built on the SW corner of 5st/4av SW. There is fencing around the site with a ITC banner on the fence. There was a truck and trailer in there this afternoon doing some sort of work

Can’t remember what was going to be built on the SW corner of 5st/4av SW. There is fencing around the site with a ITC banner on the fence. There was a truck and trailer in there this afternoon doing some sort of work
Isn't it a hotel or something?
Yup, new Marriott, name 'The Dorian'

Yeah we've been waiting for that one to go ahead for a while now. Sounds like it's about to go ahead finally :D

Nope, Dorian is on 5th Ave, not 4th Ave. I assume he means this parcel, the SW corner of 5th Street and 4th Ave SW:
https://www.google.ca/maps/@51.0496...=203&h=100&yaw=217.18167&pitch=0&thumbfov=100
No DP has been applied for yet, but Killam REIT has plans for a three tower apartment complex:
https://killamreit.com/new-development/calgary-ab/4th-avenue
Ah yes, I didn't look at the address closely. I saw ITC, and I noticed fencing around the Dorian parcel now says ITC, I assumed that's what he meant.

Inquiry post. We were driving down 17ave SW yesterday and big truck passed us going WB. It was hauling a huge yellow drill. Any new construction starting off of 17th?

I don't know about 17th, but there's a nice new little project on 19 Street NW on the block between Savoy and Dairy Lane. Looks quite nice in the render, didn't manage to get a shot though.

I don't know about 17th, but there's a nice new little project on 19 Street NW on the block between Savoy and Dairy Lane. Looks quite nice in the render, didn't manage to get a shot though.
That's 19+2 and I really like it. Could really help to make 19 St a bit more of a retail strip.

1500w

Back